iOS 11 Camera bug

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I’m facing a bug in iOS 11, where, while accessing the camera from the lock screen and changing orientation of the device, it gets a bit stuck and takes about a second to turn the camera. It doesn’t happen when accessing the Camera app from the home screen.

I’m using an iPhone 7 on 11.0.1, although the issue is even present in 11.0.

Anyone else facing the same?

Edit: Added a screenshot

Attachments

• DB9F0ED5-7BCF-4F7C-BEB5-FA33E76BE193.jpg
    DB9F0ED5-7BCF-4F7C-BEB5-FA33E76BE193.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to replicate the issue us g my iPhone 8, but I can’t. It rotates back and forth flawlessly. There is no stuttering or anything.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
That’s a bit odd. I’m the only one having the issue!

Edit: Wait, it happens only when there are no apps in the app switcher.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been firing up the camera app from every possible scenario for the past 10 days and have not see this behavior.

I hope your issue gets solved soon.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I had some camera issues with 11.0 where I couldn’t dismiss the camera. Later I noticed some Apple app icons dimming for no reason (as the do when you tap one to open). Sometimes it would be when you open a folder. Find Phone app would dim and then pop back. When this kind of thing happened, eventually I wouldn’t be able to do many actions including touches and home button. Interesting that swipes still would work. A hard boot fixes it. After 11.0.1 I had the same thing happen except it was the mail app. And possibly because it’s not in a folder, it just stayed in that dimmed mode. The phone was in that weird state where some things didn’t respond. Long speculative story short, I believe my camera troubles were not the camera but the weird state the phone was in while the camera was open. I have an 8 btw.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes I have ever experienced this when opening the camera app from the lockscreen and then rotate device to landscape. Stutters from portrait to landscape and has to resize to the screen. If in the camera app once unlocked and try to rotate to landscape to take a photo, it doesn't do it. Noticed in all dev betas.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8