iOS 10.2.1 out today...............Is it safe?

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Did the update last night on my iPhone, iPad and also my watch too. Oh and iTunes as well for good measure

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I have an issue with the update thatI want to report:
- Was on a call on the way to work this morning and when I got to work (where the signal is very strong), the call dropped. Annoying but ok, I'll just dial back in. So I try and the call failed 4x. I rebooted the phone and I got NO SIGNAL for 2-3 min after the reboot before it finally connected. Now I'm on 4G, when I'm usually on LTE. Checked with co-workers also with AT&T and they're working fine. Hmm.

Tried both hard and soft reset with same result.

On a happier note, I was on wifi calling while at home on the call and then got in my car and left and the call switched seamlessly to cellular calling and didn't drop me. On previous versions of iOS, I was always dropped.

Last edited:

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I am not talking about the software development. I am talking about fixes and patches and such, and its frequencies, which I think obviously changed in recent couple of years. You can quote Wikipedia etc for software development but we are talking about two different things. Android for example is terrible but their updates or bug fixes etc are slow. Apple has to be commended for relatively speedy bug fixes and patches etc, but I am talking about apparent "sloppiness" of the software dep't within Apple. It appears that this is particularly profound in iOS, but not so much on Mac OS. Some might not think so, but I have been feeling that this was what's happening. You are rather talking about new software development or feature addition etc. Apple have been developing thier software for a long time but their practice got a bit sloppier.
Anyway.....

I'm going to disagree about Android a bit here. From things I've read over the last year, Android is now better at fixing bugs than Apple is -- at least for the (few) phones that get the monthly Android security patches. The issue Android has is the number of smartphone manufacturers that do a poor job of providing the patches, or even updating Android to newer versions, on the phones they sell.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok. I have an issue with the update thatI want to report:
- Was on a call on the way to work this morning and when I got to work (where the signal is very strong), the call dropped. Annoying but ok, I'll just dial back in. So I try and the call failed 4x. I rebooted the phone and I got NO SIGNAL for 2-3 min after the reboot before it finally connected. Now I'm on 4G, when I'm usually on LTE. Checked with co-workers also with AT&T and they're working fine. Hmm.

Tried both hard and soft reset with same result.

Similar problem happened to my Dad and his iPhone 6s last year and I ended up getting a new SIM from AT&T and it fixed the problem

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
This is the very reason I left Android amongst other recent issues. I am loving my iphone 7 plus. My Samsung watch S2 works with it and that was the huge factor for me. I am glad but I bit the bug and got an apple watch too so I can use both.
Loving the phone and the watch and all is happy. Have an ipad Pro on order as well

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Works fine for me. These x.x.# updates are usually pretty safe and minor.

Watch out for the x.# updates. Those usually have issues.

I'm looking forward to 10.3 but I can see it causing a lot of issues. it is supposed to be changing the file system, which should improve both performance and storage, but could cause some people to have to factory reset their phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh