Internal trackpad not working, what do??

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

This morning my trackpad became unresponsive and a window appeared on my MacBook Air saying that the computer was searching for a Bluetooth trackpad device, which I have never used before. The trackpad is still functioning properly when I first reboot the computer and have to enter in my password, but upon log-in it ceases to work and my mouse is stuck in the corner of the screen.

I’ve attempted to solve the problem using two bits advice from other forums:

-restarting the computer while holding power-command-option-p-r

-while the the loading bar is on the screen, pressing caps lock

Neither of these have worked for me and I’m desperately in need of more advice. I’m currently studying abroad in Vietnam so going to get in-person advice isn’t a great option (I don’t speak great Vietnamese and don’t know how trustworthy the person advising me would be) and my computer is absolutely necessary for my research. Please help!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've read that that resetting the SMC can help for keypad issues even though it's really more for power issues. Here are the steps.
How to reset the SMC on Mac notebooks

Shut down your Mac.
Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.

Release all keys.
Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.

This is a little different that resetting NVRAM (command+option+p+r+power)

Let me know if it helps. If not I'll see what I can do!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73