Insurance / Warranty

Rderosier86

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Any suggestion? What is everyone else using. I have sprint so I really do not wanna get applecare since it does not support lost or stolen.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Any suggestion? What is everyone else using. I have sprint so I really do not wanna get applecare since it does not support lost or stolen.

If you get the 4S you can get Applecare+ which covers loss/theft/damage after a $100 deductible and no monthly fee like carriers charge.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If you get the 4S you can get Applecare+ which covers loss/theft/damage after a $100 deductible and no monthly fee like carriers charge.

sting, AC+ does not cover lost/stolen phones.

I acutally have Verizon, and have their TEC @ $9.99 mthly because theirs will cover lost/stolen phones. I also have AC+ as a back up--but like i said, it doesnt cover lost/stolen phones. the last time i checked, the deductible for AC+ was $49. Verizons is something like $189, unless they've both changed since Nov.

if something were to happen to my phone i will take it to Apple first.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have BOTH applecare+ AND insurance from the carrier because I only had warranty before (Squaretrade/Applecare) and my phone was stolen in October. Neither warranty covers loss/theft.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have BOTH applecare+ AND insurance from the carrier because I only had warranty before (Squaretrade/Applecare) and my phone was stolen in October. Neither warranty covers loss/theft.

Ame, AT&T won't cover loss/theft under their insurance plan? Verizon does, that's why I have it in addition to AC+.

jsigler

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint and only have Applecare. I was not allowed to also have the usual Sprint insurance. They said it was only offered through Apple in the iPhone.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ame, AT&T won't cover loss/theft under their insurance plan? Verizon does, that's why I have it in addition to AC+.

ATT does cover it. That's why I have it. But I didn't have that when my phone got stolen, just Square Trade and Apple Care.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint and only have Applecare. I was not allowed to also have the usual Sprint insurance. They said it was only offered through Apple in the iPhone.

AppleCare is NOT insurance. Sprint may not offer their TEP on the iPhone but it sounds like they do and that you were told incorrectly.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No sweat. I wish I'd had it. It would've solved SO many problems. I always had it on my other phones. It wasn't available when I got my iPhone tho.

Yes, I can understand what you mean. I'd be freaking out as well. but, at least you have it and your covered now:);)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ya maybe the person talking to me was off but they said i need to get applecare and that does not support lost or stolen

Applecare extends the manufacture warranty one year and Apple Care+ adds phyical damage coverage. Its not a insurance.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Call your carrier. Ask for TEP. Sprint should cover iPhones on TEP. Then you can get AppleCare+ for drops/technical nonsense. The TEP will cover your lost/stolen phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73