Instead of the EDGE network symbol, I see a square with a hole in it

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
When I first got my iPhone I started noticing some things:

It's really unresponsive (i.e. if I click on a certain icon it takes me to another icon)

When I try to use an App, it kicks me out. Most of the time it doesn't even work.

I've been having trouble connecting to the internet. When I try to connect to the internet it says: "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding"

I really think there is something wrong with it. I'm going to take my phone to Apple to see what they can do.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site

It's really unresponsive (i.e. if I click on a certain icon it takes me to another icon)

When I try to use an App, it kicks me out. Most of the time it doesn't even work.

I've been having trouble connecting to the internet. When I try to connect to the internet it says: "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding"

I really think there is something wrong with it. I'm going to take my phone to Apple to see what they can do.

Try doing a full restore and if that corrects the problem.

I use this website to check for DEAD PIXELS. It has all the color variants and you just scroll through to see if any dead pixels show up. Turn your brightness all the way up and turn off the auto brightness. Inspect your screen very carefully as you scroll through the colors.

Stuck Pixel Fix for iPhone

Hope that helps some ppl determine if they got dead pixels.

Last edited:

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Try doing a full restore and if that corrects the problem.

I use this website to check for DEAD PIXELS. It has all the color variants and you just scroll through to see if any dead pixels show up. Turn your brightness all the way up and turn off the auto brightness. Inspect your screen very carefully as you scroll through the colors.

Stuck Pixel Fix for iPhone

Hope that helps some ppl determine if they got dead pixels.

How do you do a full restore?

IsrealsSoN13

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
What I would do is a complete restore from scratch and not from a backup. It may be a little time consuming but it should clear up your problem. And when you sync the apps back I'd even consider only syncing a couple at a time. (maybe 2) I've heard of issues when syncing a bunch of apps. Not to mention they take forever to sync. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Ok thanks, I will try that.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site

My 3G works great so far no problems. However someone on another forum said you need to hold down the homebutton to fully exit out of an app, WHICH IS NOT TRUE! I was stupid and tried it. After doing that the apps I installed from the apps store kept kicking me out. So I just deleted them and reinstalled them and all is fine. Don't hold down the home button it seems to screw things up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner