Instead of getting Ask to Buy requests, why is my step-son's iPad directly asking for my password?

I

iMore Question

Instead of getting "Ask to Buy" requests, my step-son's iPad is directly asking for my password

My husband and I are set up as parents on our individual iPads and my 12 yr old step-son has a child's icloud account and is showing under our "Family". When I first set it up, I tested trying to download an app from him iPad that we had previously purchased, and it said something like "will ask your parents" on his and "Will is requesting ..." on mine/ours. That was great! But now, when he tries to download something, it's simply asking for my icloud password on his iPad.

#1 - I'd rather not deal with that every 5 minutes when he finds a new app.
#2 - He lives with his Mom, so the way it is now, he can't get anything new until I see him and put my password in.

I checked under his name on my iPad and "Ask to Buy" is on. Under "Restrictions", the password is set to immediate. If I turn OFF password, will it go back to the way it was before? Simply Asking to Buy and either NO password at all, or me having to put it in? Either would be fine, but NO password is better. Especially since my husband may "Approve the Request" and he will never remember my password.

Thank you in advance.
Sue

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Instead of getting "Ask to Buy" requests, my step-son's iPad is directly asking for my password

My husband and I are set up as parents on our individual iPads and my 12 yr old step-son has a child's icloud account and is showing under our "Family". When I first set it up, I tested trying to download an app from him iPad that we had previously purchased, and it said something like "will ask your parents" on his and "Will is requesting ..." on mine/ours. That was great! But now, when he tries to download something, it's simply asking for my icloud password on his iPad.

#1 - I'd rather not deal with that every 5 minutes when he finds a new app.
#2 - He lives with his Mom, so the way it is now, he can't get anything new until I see him and put my password in.

I checked under his name on my iPad and "Ask to Buy" is on. Under "Restrictions", the password is set to immediate. If I turn OFF password, will it go back to the way it was before? Simply Asking to Buy and either NO password at all, or me having to put it in? Either would be fine, but NO password is better. Especially since my husband may "Approve the Request" and he will never remember my password.

Thank you in advance.
Sue

I would take the iPad and turn the password off and see if that goes back to the old way of asking on your iPad.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Instead of getting "Ask to Buy" requests, my step-son's iPad is directly asking for my password

If it's asking for your password then go under setting/iTunes and App Store. See what Apple ID he is using. I'm guessing that it is yours. That's the only reason I can think of that this would happen. It needs to be his ID there. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

If you've just set up FamilyShare - give it overnight to let the systems on Apple's end catch up and make things purchased by other family members to show up as available to others...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151