Install iOS 6.1 on 3GS with Jailbreak

I

iMore Question

Hi,

I decided to dust off my old iphone and use it for internet browsing using WiFi. I would like to have the iOS 6.1 on it as most apps i try to install tell me I need iOS 6 or above.

Details of my iPhone

Model : 3GS
iOS - 5.0.1 (9A405)
Modem Firmware - 05.11.07

It is jailbroken and unlocked at the moment with cydia installed.

I understand that there is a new tool named Evasi0n which can jailbreak the iOS 6.1. Although I am not exactly sure how to install the iOS 6.1 using iTunes and doing the whole jailbreaking process. I don't care about the unlocking part as I will never use it to make phone calls, just play with apps on WiFi.

Any help regarding how to go about this process will be really appreciated.

Thanks!
~Nick

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately using iTunes will give you 7.1 which currently isn't able to be jailbroken yet.

Evasion can unlock 6.1 but only if you already have 6.1 on your device.

Effectively you would need the SHSH blobs for 6.1 for your phone in order to 'downgrade' to iOS 6.1 I believe. Unless you already have them, Apple aren't signing that version of the OS anymore and you are out of luck.

If anyone else can chime in and correct me on this, I would be grateful. Although I do jailbreak, i'm not the guru in it like some on here are.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately using iTunes will give you 7.1 which currently isn't able to be jailbroken yet.

Evasion can unlock 6.1 but only if you already have 6.1 on your device.

Effectively you would need the SHSH blobs for 6.1 for your phone in order to 'downgrade' to iOS 6.1 I believe. Unless you already have them, Apple aren't signing that version of the OS anymore and you are out of luck.

If anyone else can chime in and correct me on this, I would be grateful. Although I do jailbreak, i'm not the guru in it like some on here are.

iPhone 3GS only goes upto iOS 6.1.6, which is jailbreakable with P0sixspwn

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

nitingarg1

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
it worked! used redsn0w to do a tethered jailbreak first and then used P0sixspwn to untether it.

But now the push notifications wont work :(

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 3GS only goes upto iOS 6.1.6, which is jailbreakable with P0sixspwn

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

it worked! used redsn0w to do a tethered jailbreak first and then used P0sixspwn to untether it.

But now the push notifications wont work :(

There you go. I knew someone would be along with more knowledge on jailbreaking. Great to hear you've got it done. Congrats! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien