Instagram's Threads broke the 100-million-user barrier in a matter of days

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Per the article, “…. However, neither have confirmed how many people are actively using the service which might suggest that the figure is considerably lower than the 100 million mark.”

“Signing up to Threads is of course extremely simple if you already have an Instagram account, something that could have helped the Twitter competitor reach such a high number in such a short period of time.”

In other words, you are automatically signed up for Threads if you have a current Instagram account… ;)

With that being said, nowhere in the article does it warn users of the service’s horrendous privacy policy. Instead, we are “given the impression” that millions have left Twitter to sign up for threads in very quick fashion.

Reactions: FFR

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dont really see Instagram users actually using threads, they prefer pictures.

I found this interesting tidbit from another site/

The decision to tie Instagram and Threads accounts together so closely was likely made to prevent a large portion of users from offloading from the service after initially checking it out. While deactivating your Threads account hides your posts from your profile, the only way to delete the data associated with your account is to delete the account entirely.

Before signing up for Threads, be aware that this new account will be linked to your Instagram account in more ways than one.

Source: https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-sign-up-use-threads/

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I was “wrong”. Thanks for letting me know.

I don’t think you were wrong, since you can’t delete threads without deleting Instagram.

Another example is when you finally activate your threads account, it’s already populated with your Instagram followers. I don’t think it’s linked, i believe it’s basically instagram with comments instead of pictures, with a Twitter theme.

I

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t think you were wrong, since you can’t delete threads without deleting Instagram.

Another example is when you finally activate your threads account, it’s already populated with your Instagram followers. I don’t think it’s linked, i believe it’s basically instagram with comments instead of pictures, with a Twitter theme.

I
Thanks, but technically speaking, I was wrong. With that being said, I still believe the numbers are smoke and mirrors. I definitely don’t like how users appear to be trapped after accessing the service. This is Microsoft all over again. Trap users into using Internet Explorer by tying it to Windows.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but technically speaking, I was wrong. With that being said, I still believe the numbers are smoke and mirrors. I definitely don’t like how users appear to be trapped after accessing the service. This is Microsoft all over again. Trap users into using Internet Explorer by tying it to Windows.

How do you create an account? you log in with your Instagram account

c26d8480917d405dc771bc82699f22e2.jpg

giphy.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77