Input for Chicago Area: What's the best store to visit without camping out?!

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new here! I'm super excited for the iPhone 5 because the battery on my Blackberry Bold 9700 is SHOT, on top of T-Mobile's slow data (ironic). I'm switching to AT&T, and I'm a college student in the Chicago area.

What I'm really trying to figure out is, what's the best store to go to without camping out? Do people campout at the AT&T stores up here? Should I try a day after, or should I go to the store at a later time?
Same questions go for RadioShack and Best Buy.
I'm torn because I want to go in the morning and not deal with the rush. However, I'm really considering going in the afternoon to one of these three stores, but I'm worried about them running out.

Could you all help me out with my decision if possible?

Thanks

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Just go into the place your considering and preorder it. Even Samsclub can be done online. If you're getting a 16gb one, your chances are good at walmart, sams, target, radio shack, etc.

If you want one in hand on the 21st, even with a preorder, it's best to go early. That's only common sense. They'll be gone by afternoon and probably out of stock after that point.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
If you can make it to the suburbs, I would go to Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. I camped there for the iPhone 4 and mall security opened the mall at like 4 or 5 AM and let us inside. It's better than sitting outside!

The mall walkers were pretty confused though. Lol!

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, Woodfield or Orland Square malls both have indoor Apple Stores. Better than being outside. I know Target is still taking pre orders tho.

Billywubba

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, I'm stuck downtown, so my only options are AT&T, RadioShack and Best Buy up north

Try the new AT&T store on the MagMile. It 10,000 sqft and is the new flagship store for AT&T. That or the store in Arlington Heights are your best bet, as they are the largest AT&T stores in the state (and country, I believe) and will most likely have large stock.

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Try the new AT&T store on the MagMile. It 10,000 sqft and is the new flagship store for AT&T. That or the store in Arlington Heights are your best bet, as they are the largest AT&T stores in the state (and country, I believe) and will most likely have large stock.

Thanks for the help! I didn't even know about that one! I guess I'll call to ask if people will camp out or not. My initial plan is to get there at least 6am or 6:30am. From the looks of it, AT&T hasn't sold out of pre-orders yet, but hopefully I get lucky

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro