Initial feeling on iPhone 4S vs Androids

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Today is my first full day with this iPhone 4S after being on android for almost 2 years.

So far the only things I really miss are:

1) LED notification light
2) Actual message/gmail/email icons that stayed in the top notification/status bar
3) Widgets on the "desktop"

Other than that Im liking this device!!!

Love the nice screen and suprisingly dont even miss the larger screen.

Last edited:

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4S and the samsung Galaxy S2 and I like then both. They both have their pros and cons. I always say it depends on the users needs. I'm a Mac user but I don't consider myself an apple "fanboy". I waited for an iPhone on Sprint and love it. Android is also a good platform.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
the one thing I am NOT missing..... THE BLOATWARE FROM VERIZON.

Kudos to Apple for telling Verizon to pound sand with their junk apps/bloatware

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree I think different users need different things.. I had my dad by a android phone hes a heavy google services user so it works well for him.. on the other hand I had my mom buy an iPhone its easier for her to learn I think.

I have owned most all smartphones including blackeberrys android phones and iPhone.. for now im sticking with iphone that could change in the future

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I can understand that but I'm still not one to bash android. It's funny to me to see people bash the other platform. To me, it's what fits an works or you. I laugh seeing battery life basing going back and fourth and the reasons people say one is "better then the other". There are so many individual variables. Just go with what fits your needs.

Like diets, what works for someone may not be the best for everyone.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I agree I think different users need different things.. I had my dad by a android phone hes a heavy google services user so it works well for him.. on the other hand I had my mom buy an iPhone its easier for her to learn I think.

I have owned most all smartphones including blackeberrys android phones and iPhone.. for now im sticking with iphone that could change in the future

I agree 100%. I bought my mom an iMac because it was easy to use. She loves it and now uses her computer more then ever.

I'm not afraid to say I love my iPhone (I was up for the pre-order at 3am like many people); but I also know android has great features. It's whatever works best for you.

I like the app drawer on android, but I also like how smooth the iPhone is and I feel the keyboard (even being smaller then the galaxy S2) is easier/faster (for me to type on).

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So far I love both OS. I may just keep my Droid X2 rather than sell it that way I can bounce in between them both!!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
the one thing I am NOT missing..... THE BLOATWARE FROM VERIZON.

Kudos to Apple for telling Verizon to pound sand with their junk apps/bloatware

agreed. love how no bloatware from sprint either. Apple tells them wussup lol. also glad sprint iphone 4S didnt ship in ugly yellow/white box from sprint lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR