InCase Slider for iPhone 4: DO NOT BUY

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Avoid the new Incase Slider for the iPhone 4 at all costs. The case is horribly designed and is extraordinarily tight-fitting, resulting in the inability to use any sort of screen protection. (unless you want to destroy it) I put it on and then attempted to remove it, and was worried about breaking either the case or my phone because it was so tight fitting.

I'm really disappointed in Incase. I thought that the extra time they needed would result in a better case, but it hasn't.

ssflo

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully, in the near future, Incase will take the issues into consideration when making their products...for better quality.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What is it with these tight cases. They should know that with a glass phone that is easy to scratch would end up with a shield on it.

Cases even scratched the 3G and 3GS models. What are they thinking?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Of course this case wont work with Zaggs. Slider cases never really do.

Does the Incase Slider scratch the iPhone like it did the 3GS?

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Of course this case wont work with Zaggs. Slider cases never really do.

Does the Incase Slider scratch the iPhone like it did the 3GS?

Its not just Zaggs. Its EVERY screen protector. I have Power support's crystal shield on my phone, and it wouldn't work. The previous slider case for the 3G/3GS worked PERFECTLY with that screen protector.

The more I think about this, the more angry I get. The slider was supposed to be the 'safe' choice. A case that you know would be fine and be high quality. InCase even took extra time to wait until the phone was released to design the case to make sure everything was perfect, unlike the other manufacturers, and yet here we are, with a piece of garbage case that wouldn't be worth $5, let alone $35.

I hope they get a ton of returns for this. Incase deserves to suffer for half-assing what should have been an easy win for them.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I agree this is a no go if you use any kind of screen protection. Got mine for free and have no use for it. They made this thing fit way too tight. My buddy tried it on his naked iPhone 4 and it was a real chore to get it on and even more so to get it off.

sykeslise

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
What brand are you referring?

Have you tried the ileather?

wvw.youtube.com/watch?v=BzCCv9pwbTQ

for clarification, i meant this one.

eltizzle

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
got my gunmetal slider to fit with my zagg, had to completely take off the piece protector though, and as you can see, there are microbubbles on the edge of the side with the volume/silent button due to the incase expanding to slide the buttons up. hopefully the slider for the 4 wont scratch up the back of the iphone like it did for 3g/s

i35.tinypic.com/731d6s.jpg

(can't post links/pics until 10 posts), so copy/paste onto url

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal