In Store Pickup Preorder Thread

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that there are AT&T and Verizon thread created so why not create a thread for those people who opted for Store pickup too!

Anyway, I know that out Order status will not be updated until the launch day so until then, we're stuck with Order in Progress. Please share your window pick up time. Are you going to arrive earlier than your scheduled time or you're going to just wait for your phone to change the status to Ready for pickup before you go to the store?

For me, my pickup window is 8:8-30 but I'm planning to arrive an hour earlier to witness the crowd in the store. I am excited to see the crowd! Last time, I took a chance to line up and I arrived at midnight. That was fun though because I got the chance to meet a lot of people and we had a good time talking all about Apple products!

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I am going to attempt to show up early. Has anyone been able to get their phone earlier?

I wondered about this as well... I was able to get in for both of my appointments last year at the earlier of the two times. However, this year both of my appointments are at 9:30am. :(

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I am going to attempt to show up early. Has anyone been able to get their phone earlier?

I wondered about this as well... I was able to get in for both of my appointments last year at the earlier of the two times. However, this year both of my appointments are at 9:30am. :(

It’s one of those “they’ll fit you in if they can” scenarios. They schedule things very specifically on launch day so fitting you in means possibly making someone who actually has an earlier appointment wait. If it were me I’d go at my scheduled time.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It’s one of those “they’ll fit you in if they can” scenarios. They schedule things very specifically on launch day so fitting you in means possibly making someone who actually has an earlier appointment wait. If it were me I’d go at my scheduled time.

This. Last year the store I went to checked everyone’s email and lined people up by their assigned pickup time. There was a woman there at 9 am who had a 3 pm pickup time. She got angry with the staff person who kept bumping her to the back of the line every time someone else showed up. She made quite the scene.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This. Last year the store I went to checked everyone’s email and lined people up by their assigned pickup time. There was a woman there at 9 am who had a 3 pm pickup time. She got angry with the staff person who kept bumping her to the back of the line every time someone else showed up. She made quite the scene.

That’s crazy but not surprising. Some people just feel an unrealistic sense of entitlement.

jdubb82

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Check the Apple Store App or online. Every store I just checked near me in NYC has the silver 256gb at least for pickup today.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I picked up my phone yesterday. I also got a chance to change it from 64GB Space gray to 256GB silver. I also checked my nearby local store today and found multiple stores available for store pick up but only the 256GB version.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I reserved a 256gb this morning. Will be swapping out my 64gb for a 256gb later on this morning.
During my reserve time.