In search of a Case

Sarah Young3

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for a case that will fit over my entire phone (expect over the screen) and is soft when I hold it but study. Any suggestions???!!!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for a case that will fit over my entire phone (expect over the screen) and is soft when I hold it but study. Any suggestions???!!!

One option is to have a look in the Mobile Nations store. Many good deals to be had there.

I also recommend Speck case. I was a Spigen case user till a close friend bought me a Speck case. I put it on my phone which was a solid fit. The button response feels better than the naked phone. All ports are easily accessible from the bottom. I am currently using one of their Luxury Inked Edition cases. Has a matte semi-metallic finished. With the matte finish it has a soft feel. Speck has many cases to choose from.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I currently have the Caseology Envoy. I like the looks of it, but it is slippery to me and I am afraid, with the plus's big size that dropping it will be an issue.

I currently have on order(due tomorrow) the Totallee "The Doberman" which while looks to be a bit thinner than the Caseology, supposedly is more grippy. I doesn't look to be all that protective of drops tho. I use a leather belt pouch when not actually using the phone so this should work ok for me.

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Checkout the Body Glove Gel case. Ran across it in Walmart yesterday for $9 and it's surprisingly good for the price.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Go have a look at the Apple silicone cases and never look back.

I have literally tried 100 different cases (all my phones combined) out there and the Apple silicone is the best out there. It's thin, protects and has the best grip of any case I've tried.

I would've opted for the leather but I think the silicone had a lot more grip.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
OK you can scratch the Totallee case I mentioned above. Not really happy with it. Charging port hole is too small and when inserting plug, it traps the case between the plug and the phone. Also, the front lip around the screen isn't tall enough to protect the screen if you use a glass screen protector, even when just placing it face down.

Still looking for a grippy somewhat thin case.

Lefty, how's the Apple case holding up? I've read some really bad reviews on the silicone case that say it peels only after a month or so.

Last edited:

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Caseology Envoy. I like the looks of it, but it is slippery to me and I am afraid, with the plus's big size that dropping it will be an issue.

I currently have on order(due tomorrow) the Totallee "The Doberman" which while looks to be a bit thinner than the Caseology, supposedly is more grippy. I doesn't look to be all that protective of drops tho. I use a leather belt pouch when not actually using the phone so this should work ok for me.

Speck's Mighty shell case is also a good option, that's what I'm using with a Belkin anti glare protector that I had installed at the Apple store

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm actually going to try the Speck Candyshell grip. Might be a tick thick for me but from what I read, it's got almost too much grip.

**EDIT**
So when I got to Best Buy to pick up my Speck, I came across another case which I ended up getting instead and love it. It's a Tech21 EVO Tactical. This is exactly what I was looking for. Not too thick but does add protection and is textured on the outside to give it grip. Very Nice.

This case may be exclusive to Best Buy, since I see it on Amazon but only from 3rd party sellers and it's MORE expensive than Best Buy's list price. Probably why I didn't pay attention to it in the first place.

Last edited:

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
OK you can scratch the Totallee case I mentioned above. Not really happy with it. Charging port hole is too small and when inserting plug, it traps the case between the plug and the phone. Also, the front lip around the screen isn't tall enough to protect the screen if you use a glass screen protector, even when just placing it face down.

Still looking for a grippy somewhat thin case.

Lefty, how's the Apple case holding up? I've read some really bad reviews on the silicone case that say it peels only after a month or so.

I used the case for 2 weeks with no problems.

I ended up returning the 6s Plus to Att for $$ reasons but kept the case. It will now go on my wife's phone since she likes it better than her clear Speck case.

I will hopefully get another iPhone 6s Plus soon and I will 100% be using a Apple silicone case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73