In regard to magnetic mounts, does anyone use metal plates on the inside of a phone case?

heyjohnnybravo

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks! I use a magnetic mount when I'm driving and don't want to have to show the ugly metal plate on the outside of the case. I have a few cases and wanted to stick the metal plate on the inside of the case but am worried about scratching.

Do any of you have any experience with this and your iPhone 11 Pro, XS, or X?

The glass is probably quite durable but I also want to avoid as much scratching of the glass as possible to not tank resale value.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Metal plates on the inside of a phone case?

Did the mount manufacturer not provide a plastic sheet to stick to your phone to buffer the plate?

heyjohnnybravo

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Metal plates on the inside of a phone case?

Unfortunately the metal plates I grabbed off Amazon don’t have the plastic. Do you think that would be enough to protect the phone if the metal plate was stuck to the inside of the case?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the magnetic mounts I use and I’ve always had them attached tot he inside of my case. I have an iPhone 11 Pro and had had the metal mounts adhered to the inside since launch and have not experienced any scratching on this iPhone or every really.

cef0d29b15a7704b2461b86cf1cb33fa.jpg

heyjohnnybravo

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey this is great – do you mind letting me know which metal plates you used here? I’ve bought some cheap ones off Amazon but the edges aren’t a smooth as I’d like but these look very smooth.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner