impressed with moving to a new model

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Wasn't sure where to put this, it's also not the "usual" upgrading post. So I was an Android user for my phones until last year I decided to give the 6s Plus a try on the Upgrade Program. Decided this year to jump on the 7+ as well. I have to say I'm impressed with the process for getting all my stuff moved to a new device. Made a secure backup with iTunes in order to save all the passwords/etc. and once I got the new phone it only took about 15 minutes for it to restore everything and set it up. I did have to wait about 30 minutes for all my apps to re-download but nothing you can do there. Overall I thought it was a very smooth process and I only had to set up a few things or re-enter passwords in a couple places. For the Android users (past/present) yes I'm familiar with using tools like TWRP to backup data and all that, lots of rooting/rom'ing in my past, but this process was really just polished compared to how that can turn out sometimes especially trying to restore data from one phone model to a completely different one.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I did have one strangeness I wasn't expecting. I guess a full iTunes backup also backs up and restores any photos and video on the phone? I don't use iCloud backup for those since I have more free storage on Google Photos from all my time with Google/Android and so I was really surprised to see all my photos since last October back on the new phone in the iOS photos app. I'm not complaining just wasn't expecting them to be there so trying to figure out what put them there.