Importing contacts List from a Microsoft (Lumia) Windows phone into an iPhone 7.

BarryP17

Dec 27, 2018
Visit site
After a bit of a struggle I’ve imported a Contacts List from my old Windows phone into iCloud on my newly acquired iPhone 7. The file I've created is in .csv format and I can see the file and its contents (as a .csv file) on the iCloud [/I][/B]Drive[/I][/B] but do not know how to merge it into my main contacts folder (so that I don't have to manually enter all the individual records again). I’m new to iPhones and do not understand the relationship between iCloud and iCloud Drive. Any help or pointers will be greatfully received. Thanks.
Barry

BarryP17

Dec 27, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the response. The contacts book is on my windows phone, presumably on an outlook account. I exported it to iCloud and the book appeared on the iCloud Drive folder as a .csv file. It's moving it from there into my iPhone contacts that is defeating me. Thanks for your help

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Forget the phones. If your contacts are stored in your outlook account they will appear in your iPhone when you properly sync your outlook account with the iPhone. It’s sounds like you’re making it harder than it has to be.

BarryP17

Dec 27, 2018
Visit site
It certainly has proved harder than it should be. However now solved the problem by setting up a gmail address and syncing to that. Worked immediately. Thanks for the replies to this problem.
BarryP17

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It certainly has proved harder than it should be. However now solved the problem by setting up a gmail address and syncing to that. Worked immediately. Thanks for the replies to this problem.
BarryP17

Glad you got it done! A vcf file (vCard) would have worked better than the csv file. When I create a vcf file, I send it to my email address. From there, I open it, then tap on the "add" option at the top. They are then added to your Contacts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox