iMore's iPhone X Review

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I think that if some of the cons were emphasized it would give the review greater credibility. Not just this phone but all have battery life issues. If reviewers push this then maybe manufacturers would be willing to forgo a little thinness for a few more hours battery life. The lightning port should be USB-c since apple is the ones pushing it. Let people now that the stainless Steele will scratch and look terrible in just a few days of use. The phone is amazing but reviewers need to push the manufacturers to push the limits not just praise them blindly cause its a apple pr android centric site.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I polish my stainless steel Apple Watch consistently but it did catch me off guard how easy it scratched. I don't know if the black bezel will be able to be polished. I don't know though.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think that if some of the cons were emphasized it would give the review greater credibility. Not just this phone but all have battery life issues. If reviewers push this then maybe manufacturers would be willing to forgo a little thinness for a few more hours battery life. The lightning port should be USB-c since apple is the ones pushing it. Let people now that the stainless Steele will scratch and look terrible in just a few days of use. The phone is amazing but reviewers need to push the manufacturers to push the limits not just praise them blindly cause its a apple pr android centric site.

Everyone’s mileage varies. Everything you listed is subjective.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I went to the store today and played with the iPhoneX, the notch does not bother me at all. Apple did a good job with iOS working around it, didn't really get to play with too many other apps since it was a store demo. The screen looked great, I didn’t really see any difference between it and the 8 plus, but maybe its just me. I really liked the small size with the larger screen the most, the gestures will be a little learning curve and will be mastered quickly. They had the SGX 256g in stock today, so I don’t think it’ll be a problem getting one in the future if I decide to get one. I’m going to wait for the next version, but I always say that. Not all was lost, I did walk out with a new SG8 Plus 256g wrapped in black Apple leather.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I must admit. I giggled when I read the review for the first time. It definitely isn't a review I'd refer people to if they want objectivity. For the last few years I've felt as though Rene's bias gets the better of him at times. And that's ok. He enjoys his Apples as he should. This is an Apple centric website, after all. But in all fairness...by reading the headline we could tell what kind of review we were getting lol.

I love my X. It has pros. It has cons. But overall its a great phone. I'd recommend anyone on the fence to read an assortment of reviews. Not just one.

And the TouchID feels like a chore comment...come on man, lol.

baconman4321

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
A review is to read and see what I like and maybe dislike. I know for sure that Face ID is so much fun and easy to use. Touch ID feels like old now and bother me.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
He made a comment on Twitter about how Face ID makes Touch ID "feel like a chore" after 24 hours with an iPhone X. I understand his bias towards anything Apple, but he's really getting in balls-deep with Apple now. If someone was on the fence about making a purchase I don't know if I would direct them to a Rene Ritchie review like I would have in the past. It's getting ridiculous.

I personally go to Rene for my own Apple Advice and send people to him whenever I can. I think he is the best out there.

VivaTerlingua

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
A review is to read and see what I like and maybe dislike. I know for sure that Face ID is so much fun and easy to use. Touch ID feels like old now and bother me.

Under normal usage Face ID is good however the 10% of the time when the phone is on a table, you're trying to look at it discretely, etc., it's a real pain in the a**.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal