iMore vs AC members by the numbers

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am actually glad that iMore is not as hectic as AC. AC is too busy for me to catch up on all unread posts and doesn't have the pleasant, friendly, and homey feeling as this.

+1

Can't agree with this enough. AC is too hectic for my tastes. :)

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually surprised that AC has that many active users. Mostly everyone uses XDA, which I love. Android has more devices though.

I think XDA is more for tech enthusiasts. Android Central is for an average consumer, in my opinion.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I think XDA is more for tech enthusiasts. Android Central is for an average consumer, in my opinion.

XDa is a completely different world compared to AC. The guys at XDA are really into tech are are constantly throwing out terms that most of the average consumers wouldn't know, whereas AC, like you said, is more for the average joe consumer.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Well...could it be any of the following?

A) A virus on Android has kept people logged in even when they don't view the sight anymore?
B) Malware has infected the user login so one person is actually seen as many users?
C) Some users have created multiple accounts to make it seem like many people are online?
D) All of the above?

P.S. Just having some fun. No offence intended

LMAO

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm actually surprised that AC has that many active users. Mostly everyone uses XDA, which I love. Android has more devices though.

XDA is one hell of a busy place. It's always happening over there. I've gotten questions answered literally within seconds there. I love that place.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Nice observation buddy and I agree with JustMe'D that things have been slow here at iMore.

One more observation which I would like to add here is that Ambassadors/Team Leads/Moderators etc are more active(in terms of creating threads or posts) rather than regular iMore members as compared to CrackBerry. I am pretty much active on CrackBerry as well and I have seen CrackBerry members are way too busy in posting/replying/trolling:)D).. just my observation.. Do you guys agree ?

This is merely curiosity based on something I noticed today, and nothing more. I hopped onto Android Central to see what was being discussed about the upcoming Note 4 when I noticed that for the site as a whole 38,659 members were currently online (3,837 members and 34,822 guests). This made me curious so I looked to see what iMore's numbers were. 5,614 users online (204 members and 5,410 guests).

Is this due to android having so, so many different devices? Could it be that the type of user who chooses the iphone as his/her daily driver is typically different from the average android user? Are android users perhaps more "techy"?

Just curious what others thought. No hidden agenda here and not the most intersting of topics that is for sure. Just bored and happened to notice that today.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the same thing about Crackberry. There were 2,500 members on CB, and here there were 150 members on. Why does CB have so many people on? :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to comment in a negative manner concerning other Mobile Nations sites as I have Friends and Associates on Android Central, Crackberry, iMore, Connectedly and Windows. I've been around for approx 5 years (Aug 09') and have developed many GREAT relationships. I stopped judging people by the device they choose or the sites they visit a long time ago. I tip my hat to Kevin for starting Mobile Nations and giving us a place to mingle with others concerning the device of our choice.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you re: Kevin M involvement. He has been a catalyst for Mobile Nations.. one guy who is always excited(& non biased) for discussions on various sites of Mobile Nations!

I'm not going to comment in a negative manner concerning other Mobile Nations sites as I have Friends and Associates on Android Central, Crackberry, iMore, Connectedly and Windows. I've been around for approx 5 years (Aug 09') and have developed many GREAT relationships. I stopped judging people by the device they choose or the sites they visit a long time ago. I tip my hat to Kevin for starting Mobile Nations and giving us a place to mingle with others concerning the device of our choice.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This is merely curiosity based on something I noticed today, and nothing more. I hopped onto Android Central to see what was being discussed about the upcoming Note 4 when I noticed that for the site as a whole 38,659 members were currently online (3,837 members and 34,822 guests). This made me curious so I looked to see what iMore's numbers were. 5,614 users online (204 members and 5,410 guests).

Is this due to android having so, so many different devices? Could it be that the type of user who chooses the iphone as his/her daily driver is typically different from the average android user? Are android users perhaps more "techy"?

Just curious what others thought. No hidden agenda here and not the most intersting of topics that is for sure. Just bored and happened to notice that today.

I think that's the case. Remember android is for the" tinkerers" so makes sense they would have more to visit and see the latest Roms for the day along with the large number of upcoming rumored devices almost all the time

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices