iMore Site Quirks

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I don't know where else, so I post this here:

earlier on, the iMore logo/link on top of the Forums main page was invisible.
But I got used to klick on an empty spot to quickly go back to the iMore homepage.
Later the logo was made visible, so ok.
Now this header line is gone completely, so no more logo, link or invisible spot at all.
Going back to the main page therefore means inconvenience, via the site history, or scrolling to the very bottom of Forums, to hit the tiny "iMore" link in the bottom right corner.

I think that on an everything Apple site, this should work well/better in Safari on a Mac.

Should there be an option to make the logo/link/headline reappear, well hidden somewhere in settings or so: not good enough.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
oh man, it's so annoying to not having a link in a prominent spot in the forums to jump back to the iMore main page.
Is there any site designer who reads this?
Or where else can I raise awareness for this issue?
Basically every internet site that I'm aware of allows for jumping right back to its main page, from subpages.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I moved the thread to the site discussion forum. When you discover issues you can report it toone of the moderators. We can then let the site administrators know about your concerns.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
thanks - I wasn't aware of this feedback forum.
report to moderators - by private message?
is there a list of moderators?
I'm not sure I remember every one by heart.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
thanks - I wasn't aware of this feedback forum.
report to moderators - by private message?
is there a list of moderators?
I'm not sure I remember every one by heart.

You can send a private message. You don’t have to message all moderators… one or two would be adequate!

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
A couple of 'real' issues just got fixed (DB Errors, no trends etc.).
Unfortunately, still no quick link back to the main page.
Should be an easy exercise?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
A couple of 'real' issues just got fixed (DB Errors, no trends etc.).
Unfortunately, still no quick link back to the main page.
Should be an easy exercise?

I will let the Forums Admin know so he can eat the tech ram know. So I give accurate info what main page are you referring to? That may sound silly but please post a screenshot.

I also believe they are still working on getting the app back into the App Store.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I will let the Forums Admin know so he can eat the tech ram know. So I give accurate info what main page are you referring to? That may sound silly but please post a screenshot.

I also believe they are still working on getting the app back into the App Store.

The iMore main page.
Just put a link back to it to the top of the forums page, where it was before someone removed it for unknown reasons.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
P.S. there is a 'trending ticker' in exactly the space where the logo/link was before, which is quite pointless, as the 'TRENDING NOW' menu/section is right underneath, showing the same trends/links.
(someone may have thought that as you can collapse 'your menu', it might be good to have the ticker still showing trends, but I personally believe it's less annoying to extend 'your menu' than having to fiddle to get back to the iMore main page. Another option would be to truncate long 'ticker trends' to make space for the iMore logo/link - as seen in the 'TRENDING NOW' section underneath).
Sorry for sounding complicated - but I think it's not really complicated to understand what I'm talking about for a site designer.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
P.S. there is a 'trending ticker' in exactly the space where the logo/link was before, which is quite pointless, as the 'TRENDING NOW' menu/section is right underneath, showing the same trends/links.
(someone may have thought that as you can collapse 'your menu', it might be good to have the ticker still showing trends, but I personally believe it's less annoying to extend 'your menu' than having to fiddle to get back to the iMore main page. Another option would be to truncate long 'ticker trends' to make space for the iMore logo/link - as seen in the 'TRENDING NOW' section underneath).
Sorry for sounding complicated - but I think it's not really complicated to understand what I'm talking about for a site designer.

I have passed on your request.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
logo.jpeg
This is the iMore logo (which also is a link) on the iMore main page, which, when clicked, links to - the iMore main page!
Makes sense?

Up until the latest site updates, this logo/link showed at the top of the forums main page and conveniently linked, when clicked - to the iMore main page!
Not any more.

Some web design choices are odd.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox