iMore Forums App crashing....

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Hope they can fix the App soon. Even after I updated it yesterday, it is still hit or miss as to whether or not it is going to crash in the middle of my posting something or just switching from one thread to another.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

I had to go back to tapatalk for that reason alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I almost don't want to say anything. So far so good using the app again on LTE and WiFi. **Keeping fingers crossed.**

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Confirmed: I just tried to test posting to this thread via my iPhone 5c, over LTE, and it closed the app. I'm now posting this via the web. I'm not currently connected to WIFI on my device, but last night I was, and it worked.

So, the issue has to be related to AT&T\LTE connectivity. Since WIFI works without a problem...

Davidson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm crashing on cellular data too! About five seconds after opening the app.
I deleted and reinstalled and rebooted. No difference.
Iphone 5
iOS 7

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I almost don't want to say anything. So far so good using the app again on LTE and WiFi. **Keeping fingers crossed.**

​Outstanding, and I'm glad it's working properly for you. Hopefully, you won't have any more issues with it...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed: I just tried to test posting to this thread via my iPhone 5c, over LTE, and it closed the app. I'm now posting this via the web. I'm not currently connected to WIFI on my device, but last night I was, and it worked.

So, the issue has to be related to AT&T\LTE connectivity. Since WIFI works without a problem...

I'm talking about iMore Forums app.

I'm crashing on cellular data too! About five seconds after opening the app.
I deleted and reinstalled and rebooted. No difference.
Iphone 5
iOS 7

If you haven't already, delete the app, reboot your device, and then re-install it and then give it a try. Hopefully, it'll work as it should for you without crashing.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
​Outstanding, and I'm glad it's working properly for you. Hopefully, you won't have any more issues with it...:)

Too late. It crashed again when I was on WiFi, while switching from one post to the other... I'm going back to Tapatalk Pro because I can't stand it when an app just closes like that for no reason.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Too late. It crashed again when I was on WiFi, while switching from one post to the other... I'm going back to Tapatalk Pro because I can't stand it when an app just closes like that for no reason.

I'm sorry. I wish I knew what's causing the problem, but unfortunately, I do not. I'm sure, however, that the problem will be realized and a fix forthcoming. Let's hope it will be soon. Take care....:)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I use imore on my i5 more than any other app in the past few weeks and I haven't had one crash not even a hiccup

Sent from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use imore on my i5 more than any other app in the past few weeks and I haven't had one crash not even a hiccup

Sent from my iPhone 5
I hear you, but unfortunately, others are having issues with it. Let's hope that they won't have to endure those crash-related problems much longer...:)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry. I wish I knew what's causing the problem, but unfortunately, I do not. I'm sure, however, that the problem will be realized and a fix forthcoming. Let's hope it will be soon. Take care....:)

Thanks. At least there is an alternative app that is working well for now. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just installed 2.2.13....NOT had a crash yet using cellular or wifi, I think the issue was found :)

Thank you keeping after it :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Still wish there was a edit button.....

John, you can edit a post, under "moderate post". I was sooooo tempted to edit your post here to show you..... But decided I better do a screenshot instead, lol.
happy-084.gif

tame9apa.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77