• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iMore app 2.0 feedback and bug reports

vianar

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I found when I posted to this feedback string there was another login request. It did not take me to the login through the app but to one that was similar to login with the browser. Once that login attempt was complete the post was added. Not sure why it did that. I have tried to login to the app a few times today and same hang for a few min. I am using my Mobile nations info. Will try commenting on other posts and see if it was just slow for traffic volume reasons. Thanks for the reply.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Feature request: Can you incorporate a way for us to view live iMore shows via the iMore app as well as a notification alerting us to live shows that are about to begin?

vianar

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Still not able to log on to the app and make comments from the app. Have tried logging in from the Accounts section and also directly from the comments section as outlined in the post about how to make comments with the app. Still error message. Is this an issue for more people than just me? It seems like everyone else is okay so is there an issue with my log in? I am able to log on and post with my computer so I would imagine it is okay...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Still not able to log on to the app and make comments from the app. Have tried logging in from the Accounts section and also directly from the comments section as outlined in the post about how to make comments with the app. Still error message. Is this an issue for more people than just me? It seems like everyone else is okay so is there an issue with my log in? I am able to log on and post with my computer so I would imagine it is okay...

We're looking into it, hope to understand it better soon!

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Please allow us to comment. Sometimes it works most of the time it doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If it won't let you comment delete the app and reinstall it, Chris Oldroyd helped me out on that one.

I will still like to see a feature to load older posts though, at least going back a full week. Sometimes I want to show someone a post from a couple days ago and have to go to the mobile site instead.

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Comments to articles start on the bottom and build up. I have to scroll down to get to the start of the comments. For a great article with a lot of comments it gives me thumb cramps. Or if I forget and start top to bottom I end up confused by references to posts I haven't read yet. Threads go top to bottom here, shouldn't they do the sane in the comments section of the app?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
We've submitted an update to Apple to fix some of the bugs you guys have already spotted.

I'm not sure if the commenting issue is on the server side or app side, but both teams are looking into it. The update has some fixes on the app side that should help.

It also fixes the Send Tip bug! (Hurrah!)

Keep 'em coming folks!!

Rene

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about that! Kickstarter videos are breaking the iMore app. We have our devs looking into it, but right now all Kickstarter vids (iframes) are doing it :-/

Well at least it's known and being worked on that's always good to hear.

Another bug though, if someone quotes my comment and replies, my comment is quoted. Then I reply to their comment and instead of their comment being quoted, my original comment is quoted instead.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iMore app 2.0.1 bug fixes have been approved by Apple! Should be hitting the App Store any time now. Thanks for the feedback so far! Please go get it and let us know if your bugs have been fixed!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok