iMessage on iPad 2 question

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyway to change my iMessage name on my iPad? Right now, when I iMessage someone from my iPad, it appears in their messages as the email I have tied to my itunes account. Anyway to change that so those receiving my iMessages see my name or phone number rather than my email?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings-Messages and then scroll down to 'Receive At' and then change the selection from your Apple ID to your phone number. By doing so, your name will appear on the recipient's device as he or she has it listes in their contact list.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Not unless u have a 3G iPad that has a number then it would show that number but there is no way to show your iPhones number

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings-Messages and then scroll down to 'Receive At' and then change the selection from your Apple ID to your phone number. By doing so, your name will appear on the recipient's device as he or she has it listes in their contact list.

Not unless u have a 3G iPad that has a number then it would show that number but there is no way to show your iPhones number

I have a wifi only ipad. I don't have the option to select a phone number when I select 'Received At.'

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Then no there's no way to do it, but if they put your email under your contact card in there phone it will show up with your name on there device

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Then no there's no way to do it, but if they put your email under your contact card in there phone it will show up with your name on there device

Calebswag is on-point in answering your question. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Yup unless you have a 3G or Lte iPad .. That email address is why iMessage works on a wifi iPad

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you have to have that service activated? The one I was given is enabled VZW is gouging me enough! I don't see anything but email.

I could be comparing apples to oranges and iOS is sooooo much better but I could have my name and pic with BBM. #itsthelittlethings

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludogg23