iMessage Notifications

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Notifications setting in both the Watch app and on your iPad, and then disable the notifications for iMessage.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Notifications setting in both the Watch app and on your iPad, and then disable the notifications for iMessage.

Wait….I’m confirming that every time you “send” an iMessage, you receive a notification of the sent iMessage on both your iPad and your Watch? You are not saying you are receiving reply notifications on those devices, right?

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Wait….I’m confirming that every time you “send” an iMessage, you receive a notification of the sent iMessage on both your iPad and your Watch? You are not saying you are receiving reply notifications on those devices, right?
Exactly not sure why I’m getting notifications for sent messages.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was on iOS 16.4 and just installed 16.5 beta and issue seems to have been fixed in beta.

That’s good to know and you’re right. That was indeed super weird. With that being said, later last night after having installed the official iOS 16.4 earlier, the notification sounds were set to super loud and maintained that level of loudness even after pressing the volume rocker and watching the visual level decrease to mute. I ended up rebooting my iPhone and that fixed the issue.

I had never experienced anything like that before.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
This is really weird. I’ve never seen or heard anything like that.

Glad to hear that they have worked on a fix for it in 16.5.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro