iMessage issue

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Maybe someone here can help, I am stumped! My mom has a iPhone 5s. Recently my text to her are showing my phone number instead of my name. Her phone is up to date and neither one of us changed any settings. It's driving her crazy and I can't figure it out. Any ideas? Thanks!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Have your mom perform a hard reset by holding the power button and home button down (or volume down button on iPhone 7/7+) simultaneously until she sees the Apple boot logo. If that doesn't fix the problem make sure you're listed in her contacts and that your phone number appears correctly on your contact card.

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Have your mom perform a hard reset by holding the power button and home button down (or volume down button on iPhone 7/7+) simultaneously until she sees the Apple boot logo. If that doesn't fix the problem make sure you're listed in her contacts and that your phone number appears correctly on your contact card.

Thanks we have tried both of these things. Also tried deleting my contact info then add it back. Still not working

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Send a text to your mother, open that text on her phone, tap the (i) on the upper right corner and add that phone number to your contact info.

This should solve that issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods