iMessage delete question

Iphoneuser879

Nov 7, 2018
Visit site
If I delete an entire conversation from iMessage do the other people see that I deleted the conversation on my end? Like a “this person left” message? Or does my profile just disappear at the top? I’m not concerned that they still have it that’s fine.

I’m a new iOS user so sorry if this is common knowledge. Just trying to learn the ins and out. I don’t like to keep texts for very long. So that’s why I’m asking. Thanks!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If I delete an entire conversation from iMessage do the other people see that I deleted the conversation on my end? Like a “this person left” message? Or does my profile just disappear at the top? I’m not concerned that they still have it that’s fine.

I’m a new iOS user so sorry if this is common knowledge. Just trying to learn the ins and out. I don’t like to keep texts for very long. So that’s why I’m asking. Thanks!

Hello there @Iphoneuser879. Welcome to iMore.

If you simply delete the conversation, you will still receive any new messages as you are sill in the group.

Now if you open the conversation, tap the users at the top, tap INFO, and scroll to the bottom you should see LEAVE CONVERSATION. Once you do that, the remaining participants will see a message that you left the conversation.

Also, when you get a minute, head on over here and introduce yourself to the iMore community:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Hope this helps.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!!! Having a new iPhone is exciting and fun. This is a great place to hang out and learn more about your new iPhone... and eventually help others as well!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77