iMessage activation

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have iphone 6s plus and iphone 5. My iphone 6s plus has no issue in iMesage activation, but when I tried to activate my iphone 5's iMessage, it cannot be activated, after awaiting for activation for some time, it stated failed. I've tried several tips and trick but still failed

Any solution for this ?

Ps : both 5 and 6s plus used different operator simcard

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes, both with the latest ios

5d50c799fe1174260f67d2273529e16b.jpg

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
another thing I am thinking of is actually login in to the web on PC/Mac and remove your number, and readding them from there...

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Finally, I succeeded to activate my other number on iphone 5 (after various solution from internet, long discussion both apple help staff and carrier customer service - which gave no solution).

Although it's not so important for me to activate iMessage, still .. my curiosity won :)

I tried to logout all my apple id and icloud from iphone 5, reset to factory, login to apple id from my mac, remove my device (iphone 5), re activated my iphone 5 with the same apple id, and finally a notification at my macbook to add my phone number to the "can be reached at / contact information"

All run well ..... my appleid email, icloud email and 2 phone number , all showed at the "can be reached at / contact information / send & receive"

I restart my macbook, iphone 6s + and iphone 5, and again all run well (for iMessages as well)

BUT ..... my newly add phone number disappeared from appleid - "can be reached at" and "contact information". But still showed at "send & receive" iMessages and FaceTime (which still run well)

Try to re-add the phone number from "add" menu at appleid (both browser and contact information from icloud), but it stated "cannot add, already registered for this phone number (or something like that)

This iMessage , FaceTime, appleID, icloud thing is really a mess and confusing

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Finally, I succeeded to activate my other number on iphone 5 (after various solution from internet, long discussion both apple help staff and carrier customer service - which gave no solution).

Although it's not so important for me to activate iMessage, still .. my curiosity won :)

I tried to logout all my apple id and icloud from iphone 5, reset to factory, login to apple id from my mac, remove my device (iphone 5), re activated my iphone 5 with the same apple id, and finally a notification at my macbook to add my phone number to the "can be reached at / contact information"

All run well ..... my appleid email, icloud email and 2 phone number , all showed at the "can be reached at / contact information / send & receive"

I restart my macbook, iphone 6s + and iphone 5, and again all run well (for iMessages as well)

BUT ..... my newly add phone number disappeared from appleid - "can be reached at" and "contact information". But still showed at "send & receive" iMessages and FaceTime (which still run well)

Try to re-add the phone number from "add" menu at appleid (both browser and contact information from icloud), but it stated "cannot add, already registered for this phone number (or something like that)

This iMessage , FaceTime, appleID, icloud thing is really a mess and confusing

I'm not sure what all you have done or haven't done. It was always simple for me. I only set up my phones on the phone. I never used a computer. Not sure what else you can do. What happens when you go to Settings > contacts > my info> go to your contact and tap on it? IOS 10.x

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what all you have done or haven't done. It was always simple for me. I only set up my phones on the phone. I never used a computer. Not sure what else you can do. What happens when you go to Settings > contacts > my info> go to your contact and tap on it? IOS 10.x

On my: settings/mail,calendar,contacts/my info, there's nothing (on both my phone) When I click this option, it brings up my contacts folder - There's no "my phone"

Anyhow, I created "my phone/my info" for one of my phone, and select it at the "my info setting". And now menu phone , " my info" appear at the top of "contact" (which used to be my phone number. This phone number has never has any issue at imes or else

I tried to select "my phone" from my other phone, but can't find it. Doesn't it suppose to sync through my icloud ? (For the phonebook/contact" ? (This phone no is the one which dissappeared)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On my: settings/mail,calendar,contacts/my info, there's nothing (on both my phone) When I click this option, it brings up my contacts folder - There's no "my phone"

Anyhow, I created "my phone/my info" for one of my phone, and select it at the "my info setting". And now menu phone , " my info" appear at the top of "contact" (which used to be my phone number. This phone number has never has any issue at imes or else

I tried to select "my phone" from my other phone, but can't find it. Doesn't it suppose to sync through my icloud ? (For the phonebook/contact" ? (This phone no is the one which dissappeared)

Not "my phone". It's "my info".
Go to Settings > Contacts > my info
f73ed7b997479983be15cf54bec9a907.jpg

e6a4b1809883ad4e1dec2e0de94039cb.jpg

Tap on "my info" and it takes you to your contact card in contacts. Then tap on your name in the contacts menu.
This is on iOS 10. My info will be in Mail, Contacts and Calendar > contacts on older OS.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Not "my phone". It's "my info".
Go to Settings > Contacts > my info
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161019/f73ed7b997479983be15cf54bec9a907.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161019/e6a4b1809883ad4e1dec2e0de94039cb.jpg

Tap on "my info" and it takes you to your contact card in contacts. Then tap on your name in the contacts menu.
This is on iOS 10. My info will be in Mail, Contacts and Calendar > contacts on older OS.

When you tap on Settings > phone, what number shows? Is it yours?

Have you set up a contact card for yourself?

My name is not in the contacts menu (should I add/create my own phone number/contact on phonebook?). I haven't set up a contact card. How to do it ?

On setting > phone, my number is correct

Today, all my number, appleid and icloud email address re-appeared again (strange huh?)

448a971dd4ce089556295b5f667a34af.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My name is not in the contacts menu (should I add/create my own phone number/contact on phonebook?). I haven't set up a contact card. How to do it ?

On setting > phone, my number is correct

Today, all my number, appleid and icloud email address re-appeared again (strange huh?)

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161019/448a971dd4ce089556295b5f667a34af.jpg

Yes, create your own contact card. Add your number, email address/addresses, home address and social media if you desire that. If you use just one email, be sure it's your default email address.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes, create your own contact card. Add your number, email address/addresses, home address and social media if you desire that. If you use just one email, be sure it's your default email address.

Just to reconfirm, what you meant by create own contact card is to manually add our own contact on our phonebook (contact) ?

Where are you seeing that contact info page? I don't have that on my phone.

From setting > icloud > click at our appleid > input password > contact information

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just to reconfirm, what you meant by create own contact card is to manually add our own contact on our phonebook (contact) ?

From setting > icloud > click at our appleid > input password > contact information

OK. I meant add your contact in the contacts app. Tap the + and fill in a card with your info as you would anyone else.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
And it happened again -_-

I change my simcard on iphone 5 just to activate my simcard, and after I re insert my previous simcard, the imessage / facetime, again, stuck at the activation error

Done some reset, restart, reset network etc, still stucked.

Such a pain

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
And it happened again -_-

I change my simcard on iphone 5 just to activate my simcard, and after I re insert my previous simcard, the imessage / facetime, again, stuck at the activation error

Done some reset, restart, reset network etc, still stucked.

Such a pain

Log out of iCloud in Settings > Messages, disable FaceTime, restart your device and enable FaceTime. It will activate in a few seconds to a few minutes. You will have to go back to settings and back to messages to see if the activation was successful. After that simply login to iCloud on the messages screen and you’re good to go.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Log out of iCloud in Settings > Messages, disable FaceTime, restart your device and enable FaceTime. It will activate in a few seconds to a few minutes. You will have to go back to settings and back to messages to see if the activation was successful. After that simply login to iCloud on the messages screen and you’re good to go.

Tried that before

Tried again just now

Still failed ...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Tried that before

Tried again just now

Still failed ...

When you tried this, was wifi enabled or disabled.
I found that when wifi is disabled the success rate of activation is much much higher.
Also, make sure there are no restrictions to texting international numbers.
iCloud needs to send a text message to Apple servers in order to get activated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen