iMessage activation

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So my friend asked for me help her iMessage was only sending from email not her number .. The number was there but grey out .. So I had her hard reset , reset network , iMessage off then on ... Still no go.

Ok so background she was just out of the country for about a month and had iMessage turned off ..

So I had her turn auto time zone off then iMessage off and on then auto back on and any combo I could think of.

Now it shows her number and says activated and all looks normal ..
She send me a message I get it as a iMessage ..
But when I send her one it sends as a text ..my phone will not see her number as iMessage but her phone sees mine fine.

Not sure what else it could be besides restoring and setting up new ..

Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings-Messages-Send & Receive at and then make sure her phone number is listed and checked. For now, have her remove her Apple ID from the listing leaving only her number. Afterwards, have her reboot her iPhone. When the device boots up, send each other a message. It should work.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings-Messages-Send & Receive at and then make sure her phone number is listed and checked. For now, have her remove her Apple ID from the listing leaving only her number. Afterwards, have her reboot her iPhone. When the device boots up, send each other a message. It should work.

Good idea ill have her try it's hard because I'm sure i could have got it working if it was in front of me but with her in Alabama it makes it hard

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good idea ill have her try it's hard because I'm sure i could have got it working if it was in front of me but with her in Alabama it makes it hard

Believe me, I know what it's like. :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well time zone fixed it on her end apparently it was my phone not working and seeing it was iMessage after I rebooted my phone it worked lol dang beta software haha

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well time zone fixed it on her end apparently it was my phone not working and seeing it was iMessage after I rebooted my phone it worked lol dang beta software haha

Oh, okay. At least you got it fixed, my friend. Thanks for the update, and enjoy the rest of your weekend....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR