I'm upgrading from iPad 2 which iPad should I get?

jacqui1218

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm upgrading from ipad 2 which ipad should I get

I currently have ipad 2 64gb wifi. It has a cracked screen in corner from dropping it on the floor. Still works but has some quirks going on with it. And has slowed down a lot. My question is should I go for iPad mini 32gb retina or the iPad Air? Any thoughts? It's just for everyday research, emails, etc. usage. Thanks.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: I'm upgrading from ipad 2 which ipad should I get

Then the iPad Mini 3 @ 64gb. It gives you the update, with portablity and full-colour gamut that the second one doesn't. It is also $100 less than the full-size iPad Air 2 at same specs.

Last edited:

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

If you want the best value for your dollar, I'd recommend an Apple certified refurbished iPad Air 64gb. They're $439, and come with the same warranty as buying new, and are eligible for AppleCare+ extended coverage protection. A new iPad Air in 32gb is $449. So a refurbished iPad Air in 64gb for $10 cheaper @$439 is a far better value, in my opinion, than a $499 iPad Mini 3.

Refurbished iPad Air Wi-Fi 64GB - Space Gray - Apple Store (U.S.)

That way, you have the same A7 processor as the iPad Mini 3, but the larger 9.7" screen, like your current iPad 2, in Retina resolution... instead of the smaller 7.9" screen of the Mini. The jump in performance between your iPad 2 and the iPad Air will be amazing for $439, and the portability is also a huge step up from the iPad 2.

The iPad Mini is a fine device. I would love to own one someday. But I would never choose a Mini over a full sized iPad, especially if the deciding factor is price... and considering the newest iPad Mini is still using the same processor as last years full sized iPad Air, there is even less of a reason to take the smaller screen size, when you can get the full sized Air, refurbished, for less money. I've never thought to myself, that the iPad Air is too big or inconvenient.

Last edited:

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Additionally, if you don't need 64gb of storage, a refurbished iPad Air in 32gb is only $389

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...om%2Fshop%2Frefurbished%2Fipad&token=R4nQx7p7

So you could get the iPad Air in 32gb for $389, add AppleCare+ for $99... and have a fantastic full sized iPad experience for $488 total, covered by AppleCare+ warranty for 2 full years, which includes replacement coverage for damages... Rather than a 7.9" iPad Mini 3 64gb for $499 and only one year of warranty, which doesn't cover replacement for damage.

Last edited:

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

I still have an iPad 2 ( with iOS 7)... It's a little slow? Yes, but just a little, normal. Will keep it for a long time :) if I had some money to throw away I'll get iPad Air. (Phone: using 5s). Do you use your iPad a lot? I only use it at night. Really don't need a faster tablet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Then the iPad Mini 3 @ 64gb. It gives you the update, with portablity and full-colour gamut that the second one doesn't. It is also $100 less than the full-size iPad Air 2 at same specs.

Ummm the color gamut on the iPad mini 2 and 3 are the same . It also doesn't have the same specs at all. iPad Air 2 has 2gb and the A6x chip which from reports have 3 cores and also has 2g. Of ram. The iPad mini 2 and 3 has the A7 cpu and 1gb of ram and the same screen. The only differences is the Touch ID on the mini 3 for $100 more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

Which car should you buy? What you are using it for? If you just streaming media 16GB is fine maybe some books. But as soon you start with apps and wanna use it for games and software. Go at least 32 GB iPad mini 2. I think you are getting a good value.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner