I'm stumped. Battery Troubleshooting.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1429833512.995103.jpg

Folks, I'm stumped. I'm test driving the 6 Plus and as you can see, I unplugged around 14 hours ago this morning. However, I didn't use the phone today. Yet it's showing almost 5 hours of use.

All apps are closed in the background, email is set to fetch, settings are optimized for battery savings and again, I didn't use it.

If it is a rogue app, would it show up in the usage % section? Any other ideas? Thanks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine lists the same thing but it's for Facebook (and says Audio underneath it). Weird...is it monitoring the videos I watch on Facebook vs. just normal Facebook usage? If so, I don't recall watching significant amounts of them, so I wonder why it specifies such...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
We're you taking or watching a lot of home videos? It's odd that your photos app is the top battery offender with the subtext of audio under it.

Last night when I was setting everything up, I was watching some videos that I loaded into the photos app. That is what is so deceiving about the % stats, it shows usage percentages for the last 24 hours as opposed to usage since your last full charge. I never touched it after I took it off of the charger early this morning, and the percentages shown were there at that time.

Sean, I have yet to really notice mine say audio beneath Facebook but now I will pay more attention.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
This is off-topic, but Sean, how is Sim City? I have it but have yet to play it on my iPhone for fear it'll be too tedious to play on an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is off-topic, but Sean, how is Sim City? I have it but have yet to play it on my iPhone for fear it'll be too tedious to play on an iPhone.

It is NOT what you would expect if you're a SimCity fan of the past (which I am). This is honestly more of a maintenance style game (like FarmVille I would guess even though I never played that game). You do have a lot of strategy to the placement of things (as you do in normal SimCity), but it eventually becomes either a game you have to spend a lot of ACTUAL money on to progress through, or one you don't mind investing for the long and slow grind.

I kind of like it because I've made a point of not buying ANY upgrades or in game DLC's to better my city, but there are literally days where I can only do like 2 things for a few minutes and have no in game money or things I can do, so I just have to let it run.

I like it pretty well, but it's nothing like the SimCity I love on my mac. There's no real "building" to it like there is in the actual SimCity...designing stuff is not relevant aside from how you do your roads in a square grid, lol.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
It is NOT what you would expect if you're a SimCity fan of the past (which I am). This is honestly more of a maintenance style game (like FarmVille I would guess even though I never played that game). You do have a lot of strategy to the placement of things (as you do in normal SimCity), but it eventually becomes either a game you have to spend a lot of ACTUAL money on to progress through, or one you don't mind investing for the long and slow grind.

I kind of like it because I've made a point of not buying ANY upgrades or in game DLC's to better my city, but there are literally days where I can only do like 2 things for a few minutes and have no in game money or things I can do, so I just have to let it run.

I like it pretty well, but it's nothing like the SimCity I love on my mac. There's no real "building" to it like there is in the actual SimCity...designing stuff is not relevant aside from how you do your roads in a square grid, lol.

Thanks for the mini-review. I loved the old SimCity games on my PCs and Macs. I don't have a computer nowadays so I wanted to play on the iPhone. It's a shame they didn't just port over the original game. I also wouldn't purchase IAPs. Not my gaming style. I'll give it a whirl though.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is probably what it is.

Do you have a lot of videos on iCloud Photo Library? I'm assuming you use it. Even if the app is closed it syncs.

I do have a lot of videos in my photos app, but they are in folders that were created on my computer desktop and synced back to the photos app through iTunes. So am not certain they would sync to iCloud (my assumption was that iCloud syncs and backs up items left in your camera roll and folders created within the photos app only). I think the only reason it was shown at the top is due to the percentages going back 24 hours vs back to the last time you unplugged after reaching full charge. Prior to unplugging at full charge, I had restored my phone and spent a lot of time in the photos app watching concert videos stored withhin.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I do have a lot of videos in my photos app, but they are in folders that were created on my computer desktop and synced back to the photos app through iTunes. So am not certain they would sync to iCloud (my assumption was that iCloud syncs and backs up items left in your camera roll and folders created within the photos app only). I think the only reason it was shown at the top is due to the percentages going back 24 hours vs back to the last time you unplugged after reaching full charge. Prior to unplugging at full charge, I had restored my phone and spent a lot of time in the photos app watching concert videos stored withhin.

If you have iCloud photos turned on in settings, then it syncs your photos and videos to/with the cloud.