I'm so-o-o-o confused!!!

Sopralto

Member
May 6, 2009
13
0
0
Visit site
OK, I'm breaking down and asking for advise. I have had a Palm Centro (no tomatoes, please) for about a year and a half. I've been a Palm user for over 10 years, but am ready to make to move to the iPhone. I am already on A&T, but don't have my full upgrade until October. Do I try to negotiate with AT&T for a 3G now, go ahead and pay the full upgrade price, or wait until October and get the new one?
 

sting7k

Well-known member
Dec 15, 2008
3,011
62
0
Visit site
Best advice, do NOT do anything until after early June. Apple is holding their WWDC and giving more details on iPhone OS 3.0 as well as a highly expected new iPhone model. Wait until after that to do any negociating with AT&T.

So just wait about another month before you do anything. I'd say your chances will be pretty good that AT&T will be willing to deal if your going to throw down on a new iPhone.

Edit - Note, they will likely only announce the new iPhone next month, it might not be on sale until late June or July.
 

Thndrct619

Active member
May 8, 2009
28
0
0
Visit site
I would say to wait for your upgrade, you will probably end up getting the new iPhone for less than you would pay for a 3G now. You should be able to do an early upgrade 30 days earlier from the date you are eligible. So it would be September ,but you have to go to a store in person.
 

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
1,693
11
0
Visit site
Although waiting stinks, it definitely is your best option.

Getting the current model out right now would satisfy you right this minute, but then if something new did come out you would more than likely want that and be stuck..
 

Beloved

Member
May 17, 2009
19
0
0
Visit site
I was a Palm user for MANY years myself and making the switch was a HUGE jump in the right direction!! But like the others say here, wait till after June.