• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

I'm really hating not being able to play media on facebook

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't care about facebook games, specially sense they r all also in the app store. But I can't watch almost any of the posted movies, even the ones posted from YouTube. And I can't play audio files cause it's all in flash. I wish skyfire came out with an iPad app so that it would scale well

Wait it's not even working on the iPhone version of skyfire

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't care about facebook games, specially sense they r all also in the app store. But I can't watch almost any of the posted movies, even the ones posted from YouTube. And I can't play audio files cause it's all in flash. I wish skyfire came out with an iPad app so that it would scale well

Wait it's not even working on the iPhone version of skyfire

Did you try the "Friendly" app? Its the unoffical facebook app for the iPad. Its like $1.99 I think, but you can play media (at least youtube videos as i just tested a video I posted on my wall last week)

Plus you can chat with facebook chat

Reactions: patricksmangan

Geffrey Alger

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
1. Google. I can use blackhat SEO (I don?t) to not only help me own Google, but ruin the reputations of my competitor ?experts? into the bargain. Scratch this one from the list.

2. Twitter followers must be over 2,000. Awesome ? I?ll get Justin Bieber to market my company today ? do you have his number? Or, I?ll get TwitterAdder to get me over the magic number and then I?ll be good to go (once I finish high school, obviously, unless I can get a note from my mum).

3. Twitter Lists. This can be useful, but again, it depends on what you?re being listed for. If I?m on 100+ lists, but 25 are for my Batman comics, then I?m not really going to be much good, am I?

4. Klout score of 30+. There?s so much wrong with basing a reputation on an automated measurement tool that I?ll just leave it at that.

5. Facebook friends of 1000+. Curious ? how do my college friends, ex-lovers that hate me but haven?t removed me from their friends, my baker and the newspaper delivery boy that are part of my Facebook friends make me an expert in social media? Some of my ex-girlfriends would say I?m anything BUT social?

6. LinkedIn network of 500+. Have you worked with each of these 500+? Have you made their business more successful? If you?re only connected with them because you have LinkedIn?s icon on your blog?s sidebar and you?ve never really connected otherwise, then they?re faux connections.

7. Facebook fan page 250+ Likes. I can buy 1,000 fans for $197 from uSocial ? does that make me an expert at social media, or an expert at gaming the system?

8. An active blog with active comments. Don?t disagree too much here, except don?t get caught up in the comments game. Two words ? Seth Godin.

9. Profiles on every other site. Um?. yikes! Where?s the strategy in this? Where?s the benefit? Where?s the time management and being focused on where you need to be? Say you set up on 100 networks, have a basic profile, then are only active on 5. The other 95 are now dead, but anyone stopping by and seeing you haven?t updated since 2009 will then ask, why should I trust this guy with my social media needs?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman