I'm curious,

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I sold my verizon iPhone 4 for $400 a month or so ago with plans to buy the new iPhone 4s(obviously im gonna pay the retail price)and activate it on my contract that I've had going since feb 2011. My question is will I be able to just go to apple or Verizon on launch day buy the phone outright and activate it? I'm just curious, btw I got a droid x2 from my brother to use in the meantime it's CDMA and all I had to do was do the contact backup app and call Verizon to activate the droid ota, I didn't even go to the store it was that easy so will I be able to do this with the new iPhone 4s if i buy it for the off contract price?
Btw I called Verizon and I'm not eligible for an upgrade and I thought of signing a new contact but I'd loose my unlimited data plan plus it's really only costing me $250(out of pocket if I use the 400 from my old iPhone )

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hmm you should be able to activate it over the phone, but since it is a world phone Verizon might need/want to put a SIM in your phone, too.

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
bump, does anyone know if i can just preorder and just buy the phone stright up or is it only upgrades and new customers for now?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Go to the Apple online store and check eligibility. It should tell you what the price for you will be. You'll need your Verizon online account password.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you go to Apple.com they will show you you're eligibility for Verizon. Also, Preorders start tonight at 12:01 A.M. :)

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, so it will just give me a price and ill just be able to pay it? Also will it extend my contract?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
bump, does anyone know if i can just preorder and just buy the phone stright up or is it only upgrades and new customers for now?

Last year they allowed me to purchase it full retail from Verizon for preorder since I wasn't due for an upgrade. I'm sure they will do the same this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2