I'm confused about the new iPhone 4 pricing

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
I see that the iPhone 4 with 8gb of storage costs $99. What will the 16gb version cost? If it's $199 why wouldn't you just buy an iPhone 4s? I must be missing something. Please help straighten me out.

Also, are iPhone 4 prices lower immediately, or do we have to wait until next week? My wife has been wanting an iPhone and I've been waiting for this price drop to get her one.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the short term situation with the 16gb and 32gb versions of the iPhone 4. Eventually (when stock runs out), they will be discontinued in favor of the iPhone 4S of the same capacity. The iPhone 4 of larger capacity MAY be discounted some, but that's just a guess on my part.

I would expect prices to hold firm until the launch of iPhone 4S, then they will drop.

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
Not sure about the short term situation with the 16gb and 32gb versions of the iPhone 4. Eventually (when stock runs out), they will be discontinued in favor of the iPhone 4S of the same capacity.

I would expect prices to hold firm until the launch of iPhone 4S, then they will drop.

Thanks. I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, but perhaps I missed it. This pricing scheme with the addition of the 8gb iPhone 4 seems very confusing, since the 16 and 32gb versions are still out there and will be for the short term (unless Apple pulls them from the shelves?) With the 8gb starting at $99, they'll have to sell the 16gb version for less than $199 until stock runs out, or else no one will buy them because of the 4S.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

With the 8gb starting at $99, they'll have to sell the 16gb version for less than $199 until stock runs out, or else no one will buy them because of the 4S.

Seems logical to me, but it's not my decision. We'll have to see how it falls out.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
From the Verizon website

Ok, so we KNOW that VZW has the 16 and 32gb iPhone 4 phones today, as does AT&T. The question was about moving forward - what happens to the 16 and 32gb iPhone 4 models after the iPhone 4S is released.

Your post doesn't move that discussion along in any direction.

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
Ok, so we KNOW that VZW has the 16 and 32gb iPhone 4 phones today, as does AT&T. The question was about moving forward - what happens to the 16 and 32gb iPhone 4 models after the iPhone 4S is released.

Just a guess, but I would think they're just not going to make the 16 and 32gb models of the iPhone 4 anymore. Once the existing stock runs out .. that's it.

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Didn't the original post states that the 8gb iphone 4 will cost $99, and he was wondering what the 16gb would cost? I think that he also asked if the price drops were going to be immediate or when the 4s was released, which my screenshot shows that the price has already been reduced.

Im pretty sure I answered the questions that he asked, so Im not sure I understand what you are getting at?

Last edited:

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
In the short term the 16GB iPhone 4 is $149 while the 32 is $199 (on contract). In the long term, only the 8GB iPhone 4 will be available.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Once the Iphone4S is released the Iphone4 will only be available in 8GB. I'm willing to bet the 16GB or 32GB's are getting really low on stock. Apple loves to recycle phones. So might be pulling the 16GB's or 32GB's out of the phones and installed 8GB's and throwing the 16 and 32's into the new phones. Just my 2 cents. But on release day from what I've heard and read the Iphone4 will only be available in 8GB. Thats why they have a $149 Iphone4 in 16GB's right now. Who in there right mind would pay $50 less if the Iphone4S was available.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods