Ill be back at Apple again tonight...

blackburberry

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So Ame, I've only been a member here for a few minutes (literally)and I haven't read your previous history, but I want to float 2 theories as to why you've gone through so many phones.

1. An electrical issue. Car charger, wall charger@ work or home, perhaps faulty wiring at either of those locations causing your phone to malfunction. These faults can cause very subtle issues with low voltage equipment.

2. A Worm may be residing in a computer that you dock with.

Again, a newbie here but thought I'd throw those two ideas out in the event you haven't already considered them.

Good luck with resolving whatever it is.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. We're all pretty sure it's on the service end.

I ONLY use apple equipment to sync and charge with. I actually have a new iMac that was bought in the middle of this, and the worm appears to be ruled out (though Im not entirely sure they get worms) and I've bought four new cables along the way just to be safe, despite the engineers telling me every time it's not related.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Still ongoing...annoyingly. Started having loss of service a couple days later, which is back like in the beginning. Even with the new number.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I really hope by this time you get free service from them lol. My wife's blackberry torch was having sim issues for a week and they credited us an entire months bill. I'm assuming they knew the issue and wouldn't tell me, so they shut me up with a free month.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Still ongoing...annoyingly. Started having loss of service a couple days later, which is back like in the beginning. Even with the new number.

Maybe it's the account vs the number
So
New sim
New phones
New number

Same problem

Port to Verizon and make att foot the bill apple might give you a Verizon phone vs a AT&T version ?

Or port the number to a new AT&T account ?

Just throwing stuff out

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Just read through this thread. Please forgive me if you've tried this already, but it sure seems like an electrical problem to me. Assuming that you haven't moved or changed vehicles since you began having this problem:

Do you charge in a vehicle? If so, can you spend the requisite amount of time (for this issue to show up on a new phone) avoiding charging the phone in that vehicle?

Do you charge from wall outlets at home? If so, can you spend the requisite amount of time avoiding charging from wall outlets at home? (Only charge from your Macbook?)

Is there anywhere else you charge the phone regularly? If so, see above.

Could this be an issue with your Apple account? If it's related to the stolen phone, it seems like something that could be the culprit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradkdoesntcare