If you think it's not time for you to upgrade to iPhone 4s, think again

JohnnyCarson

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Free Upgrade from iPhone 4 to 4S with Accessories

Well, I'm not giving you any tips or advices. It's just my own story:

My wife and I were both AT&T iPhone 4 users, and we have a family plan started last August. I didn't think we can get a free upgrade and probably will have to pay something like $400 per phone and $200 each for breaking the contract.:mad:

Yesterday, it seems everyone around me was talking about pre-ordering iPhones 4s, and I couldn't resist to go to AT&T website and check it out. I put my phone number in, and I was qualified!! Although I have to pay $449 and $18 activation fee. It is a lot of money for me, but I wanted it so bad at that moment, and also because I wanted to do something to memorize Steve Jobs, the most innovative entrepreneur on earth, who has inspired me for so many years, I clicked the submit button.:eek::eek:

Then I realized it might be a little issue to explain this to my wife, who is already mad at me many times for getting the same gadgets of newer versions, so I decided to buy another one for her. That way, she will get madder, but then I can cancel one to make her less upset, and we will still have one iPhone 4s in my house. She won't even know the difference between iPhone 4 and 4s, so you know who will be using it. :D

I put her number in, and wow, wOW, WOW, she's qualified for an update for only $199! I guess it's because her phone is the main phone for the plan. That's unbelievable! What a deal! I don't think that ever happened on any of the old releases. I know people are selling old iPhone 4s on craigslist or ebay between $300-$350 and if I can sell my two old phones for $650, the issue is resolved! :D:D

I listed my two phones on craigslist and go so many responses, and within an hour, I got the offer of $650, and a promise to wait until next Saturday to pick up my old phones after I got my new iPhone 4s. :cool:

That's not even end of it! :p

I told my friend about it, and he says, why don't you call AT&T to do the upgrade. They will waive the $18 for you! But you can still call them before the order is fulfilled.

I called AT&T but their line is so busy yesterday. I guess too many people are calling them, so I will try again later, but with the extra $18, I bought two new nice brushed aluminun iPhone 4 and 4s compatible cases from JustCase on Amazon.

Amazon.com: JustCase Metallica iPhone 4 4S Case for AT&T Sprint Verizon phones Barely There and Brushed Aluminum Finish: Cell Phones & Accessories

Two new iPhone 4s and two new phone cases for nothing. I'm a happy man! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zackawee27

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm not giving you any tips or advices. It's just my own story:

My wife and I were both AT&T iPhone 4 users, and we have a family plan started last August. I didn't think we can get a free upgrade and probably will have to pay something like $400 per phone and $200 each for breaking the contract.:mad:

Yesterday, it seems everyone around me was talking about pre-ordering iPhones 4s, and I couldn't resist to go to AT&T website and check it out. I put my phone number in, and I was qualified!! Although I have to pay $449 and $18 activation fee. It is a lot of money for me, but I wanted it so bad at that moment, and also because I wanted to do something to memorize Steve Jobs, the most innovative entrepreneur on earth, who has inspired me for so many years, I clicked the submit button.:eek::eek:

Then I realized it might be a little issue to explain this to my wife, who is already mad at me many times for getting the same gadgets of newer versions, so I decided to buy another one for her. That way, she will get madder, but then I can cancel one to make her less upset, and we will still have one iPhone 4s in my house. She won't even know the difference between iPhone 4 and 4s, so you know who will be using it. :D

I put her number in, and wow, wOW, WOW, she's qualified for an update for only $199! I guess it's because her phone is the main phone for the plan. That's unbelievable! What a deal! I don't think that ever happened on any of the old releases. I know people are selling old iPhone 4s on craigslist or ebay between $300-$350 and if I can sell my two old phones for $650, the issue is resolved! :D:D

I listed my two phones on craigslist and go so many responses, and within an hour, I got the offer of $650, and a promise to wait until next Saturday to pick up my old phones after I got my new iPhone 4s. :cool:

That's not even end of it! :p

I told my friend about it, and he says, why don't you call AT&T to do the upgrade. They will waive the $18 for you! But you can still call them before the order is fulfilled.

I called AT&T but their line is so busy yesterday. I guess too many people are calling them, so I will try again later, but with the extra $18, I bought two new nice brushed aluminun iPhone 4 and 4s compatible cases from JustCase on Amazon.

Two new iPhone 4s and two new phone cases for nothing. I'm a happy man! :)

That's great news! Haha, you're wife watch her know that its an iPhone 4, I wish that happened to me on Sprint though. And why did you get one for 449$ and one for 199$?

JohnnyCarson

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
First I thought it's one phone upgrade for $449, and second one for $199, and maybe third one for ... but my friend told me it's $199 for the main phone and $449 for the secondary lines.

Sprint just started to carry iPhone 4s. I'm not sure how they handle the upgrade pricing.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Since the iPhone 4 came out, I've bought and sold it 3 times. First I had black, and when the white version came out, I happened to have the money and I just bought it for $400 from AT&T (before early iPhone upgrade price went up). I then sold my black iPhone 4 for $400 on Craigslist.

Once the white version came, I got it out and put it in a brand new heavy-duty case, made by Seidio. There was a lot of controversy on whether or not the white iPhone 4 was thicker than the black. It turned out that it was, and the Seidio case ended up defacing much of the paint on my brand new white device. I took it to Apple and they wouldn't replace it, nor admit that it was thicker. Neither would Seidio. Finally I returned the phone to Apple, hoping that, once I was refunded, I could go back and buy the black one, AGAIN.

Once the refund came in, I went to AT&T where they finally admitted it was a thicker device and some cases wouldn't work on it. We proceeded to buy the black iPhone 4, when they stated it would be $500 and change. I was pretty livid, as I was depending on my mobile hotspot and tethering at the time. AT&T ended up finding my brother's upgrade and applying it to me, making my phone only $199, and me walking away with $200 extra.

When iPhone 4S was announced, I was stoked thinking that after buying 3 iPhones maybe I would get a deal on the brand-new one. Wrong - and AT&T just had to raise the early upgrade price, leaving me with 2 options - don't buy, or pay $468 for the 16GB model. Decisions, decisions. Moral of the story: don't buy 3 iPhones when you know a new one will be announced in a matter of a month or two, because any of us Apple fans will be dying to order whatever they release. Despite the lack of a redesign, iPhone 4S is pretty awesome, IMHO.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
First I thought it's one phone upgrade for $449, and second one for $199, and maybe third one for ... but my friend told me it's $199 for the main phone and $449 for the secondary lines.

Sprint just started to carry iPhone 4s. I'm not sure how they handle the upgrade pricing.

Oh, yeah Sprint just charges 199$ for each phone you have the eligibility to upgrade.

JohnnyCarson

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you are more obsessed with gadget update then me!! :p
I was not comfortable selling and buying on craigslist, meeting strangers and all that, but it seems pretty smooth this time. I just hope the guy will buy it as promised next Saturday so I don't have to do the posting again. ;)
It's the first time I heard that white iPhone 4 is thicker than the black one. Actually I ordered a white and a black iPhone 4s this time. I will compare them once they get in, and test them with the cases I got from JustCase.
I'll post a follow-up later on this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR