If you pre-ordered and are still waiting, are you upset....?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those of you who pre-ordered one of the new iPhone models and are still waiting to receive it, are you upset that those of us who didn’t pre-order were able to simply walk in to an Apple Store and purchase one?

Take my situation for example: after picking on fellow jarhead Spencerdl yesterday, I grabbed my iPhone X, initiated the Apple Store app, ordered a gold iPhone 11 Pro Max with same day pickup from the closest Apple Store (Mall at Millenia) here in Orlando. I could have picked it up within the hour, but I had to travel to Deltona to see my son’s football game so I chose a 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM pickup timeframe.

When I arrived, I was in and out in about 15 minutes.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
To those of you who pre-ordered one of the new iPhone models and are still waiting to receive it, are you upset that those of us who didn’t pre-order were able to simply walk in to an Apple Store and purchase one?

Take my situation for example: after picking on fellow jarhead Spencerdl yesterday, I grabbed my iPhone X, initiated the Apple Store app, ordered a gold iPhone 11 Pro Max with same day pickup from the closest Apple Store (Mall at Millenia) here in Orlando. I could have picked it up within the hour, but I had to travel to Deltona to see my son’s football game so I chose a 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM pickup timeframe.

That’s why I don’t understand preordering, unless you don’t have an Apple store near you.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That’s why I don’t understand preordering, unless you don’t have an Apple store near you.

Agreed, and I understand that many people enjoy the experience of pre-ordering and/or camping overnight outside of Apple Stores. I’m just not one of those people...

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, and I understand that many people enjoy the experience of pre-ordering and/or camping overnight outside of Apple Stores. I’m just not one of those people...

Do people still do the camp out thing?

I like preordering because it’s exciting during the week between the preorder and picking it up (I won’t do delivery anymore after the UPS guy lobbed my 7+ onto my balcony). I know what exactly I’m going to get so I can start looking for the perfect case. This time around I opted for a 6:00-6:30 window for pick up because I wasn’t sure I’d get the day off from work. I ended up getting it off so I ran errands and had brunch with my girlfriend to keep my mind off of it lol. I got there 30 minutes early and they let me in after about a 5 minute wait after I signed in.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do people still do the camp out thing?

I like preordering because it’s exciting during the week between the preorder and picking it up (I won’t do delivery anymore after the UPS guy lobbed my 7+ onto my balcony). I know what exactly I’m going to get so I can start looking for the perfect case. This time around I opted for a 6:00-6:30 window for pick up because I wasn’t sure I’d get the day off from work. I ended up getting it off so I ran errands and had brunch with my girlfriend to keep my mind off of it lol. I got there 30 minutes early and they let me in after about a 5 minute wait after I signed in.

There’s no doubt that excitement plays a big role in regard to pre-ordering and that’s okay. Like you, I arrived at the Apple Store a few minutes early and was let inside within minutes. As stated above, I was in and out in about 15 minutes. The store was packed, but people were mostly looking around. There were a good deal of tourists inside, too.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
There’s no doubt that excitement plays a big role in regard to pre-ordering and that’s okay. Like you, I arrived at the Apple Store a few minutes early and was let inside within minutes. As stated above, I was in and out in about 15 minutes. The store was packed, but people were mostly looking around. There were a good deal of tourists inside, too.

Yep! My store was packed as well. I couldn’t tell if most people were looking around or waiting for the sales reps to bring out their devices from the back. My guy had me stand at the corner of a display table since that was the only place to stand lol. And that was at 5:30pm! I bet it was a madhouse earlier in the day.

Even though I wouldn’t camp out for a phone (especially now since I doubt there’s the party atmosphere like in previous years) it would be kinda cool to be there in the morning for the countdown.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I’m excited about relaxing and not having to stand in a line.....but I get it. We all have different things that get us up in the morning.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Never preordered or waited on lines. Always walked into Best Buy and picked up the iPhone I wanted. I can also tell you the local Best Buy had them available on launch day.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

When I pick up the iPhone 11 yesterday, I was talking him about that. They had so many of all them in any color in stock. he also said they had a really good turn out on Friday.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I pick up the iPhone 11 yesterday, I was talking him about that. They had so many of all them in any color in stock. he also said they had a really good turn out on Friday.

No doubt. The employee who assisted me said it was a mad house on Friday. They had the dark green iPhone on display all over the store and a good deal of people were buying it because it was the newest color. The store was packed while I was there but appeared to mostly be people checking thing out. The appointment line moved along quickly, thank GOD. I was already tired after being in outside in that heat watching my son play football and being there 2 hours before game time so I wanted to be in out of the Apple Store as quickly as possible and I was obliged...

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have an Apple store about an hour away, but I always get my phone through Verizon’s yearly upgrade plan.
My local Verizon never has a very good supply of all colors, so I might have been able to walk in last Friday and get one, but I just went ahead and preordered and it was delivered to me Friday.
I bet next year will be nuts though if the change is more radical.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
No doubt. The employee who assisted me said it was a mad house on Friday. They had the dark green iPhone on display all over the store and a good deal of people were buying it because it was the newest color. The store was packed while I was there but appeared to mostly be people checking thing out. The appointment line moved along quickly, thank GOD. I was already tired after being in outside in that heat watching my son play football and being there 2 hours before game time so I wanted to be in out of the Apple Store as quickly as possible and I was obliged...

I was shocked, I was in and out in a little over an hour.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I didn’t finally decide to get the new iPhone until Tuesday the 17th. And then I ordered it through Verizon‘s app. It has always said that it would be the 27th before I would get it but I was really hoping for sooner! There has been no update so far. I wish I could go to the Verizon store and see if they have any in stock now and see if I could just pick it up instead of waiting for it to be delivered, but I don’t think that’s possible since it didn’t give me that option to begin with.

I’m not very good at waiting!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn’t finally decide to get the new iPhone until Tuesday the 17th. And then I ordered it through Verizon‘s app. It has always said that it would be the 27th before I would get it but I was really hoping for sooner! There has been no update so far. I wish I could go to the Verizon store and see if they have any in stock now and see if I could just pick it up instead of waiting for it to be delivered, but I don’t think that’s possible since it didn’t give me that option to begin with.

I’m not very good at waiting!
It is possible the new iPhone could arrive earlier than expected, but I would definitely pop in to a Verizon Store to see if any are actually in stock.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I’m in the same boat as most. I had the XS Max and was going to keep that. Decided Friday morning spur of the moment to go to the Verizon store to see what stock was like. Ended up leaving with a 256 space gray.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How do you like it?

Honestly still haven’t gotten around to unboxing mine.
I’m really enjoying my iPhone 11 Pro Max and I can’t say enough about the battery life. It’s been amazing thus far. :)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m in the same boat as most. I had the XS Max and was going to keep that. Decided Friday morning spur of the moment to go to the Verizon store to see what stock was like. Ended up leaving with a 256 space gray.

Congratulations on getting your new iPhone, sir...

Last edited:

Bluehair62

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Every year I get the phone on the first day available. This year I went through the same process and ended up with a October 1st-4th delivery date. UGH!!!!!!!

At least I have the watch to hold me over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit