If you had to upgrade from 4s to 5? Am i gonna be wowed?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes? In what aspect?

You asked if you were going to be wowed upgrading from an iPhone 4S to a 5...i answered your question. If you're asking HOW you will be wowed, simply read the reviews and hundreds of threads on this website that list all the reasons. I'll give you one just for sh*ts and giggles...LTE.

You could also take the Z10 advice...I guess to some it'd be pretty cool to own the last major handset release from the dying Blackberry company.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The OP is coming from an iPhone 4S. I doubt he would be happy with a Z10 right now considering the lack of cloud services and ecosystem.

I have no doubt it will improve in the future but right now the Z10 would be a step back from even the 4S. BlackBerry 10 does look interesting though.

Well that depends, OP are you really invested in iCloud?

I've owned the ip5, and my main criticism has always been that the screen is too narrow (IMO anyways, maybe its my fingers) for the keyboard. There is also space between the keys which is not the best use of real estate IMO.

I just thought that for "wow" factor, the Z10 has some nice features (time shift camera, messaging etc.) but it thats not your cup of tea, OP, maybe wait for the sgs4?

Either way if you could provide us with some more details (ie what do you use your phone for, mainly) it would be helpful!

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The Z10 will make you say "Wow, I can't believe they made another terrible phone"

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

have you tried it? I dont think its really intelligent to tear something down without giving it a fair chance.

For instance I didnt like the old ipod nano (the square one) but I LOVE the new one. If I let prejudices from my old experiences stick with me I wouldn't have the best music player on the market right now (IMO).

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
have you tried it? I dont think its really intelligent to tear something down without giving it a fair chance.

For instance I didnt like the old ipod nano (the square one) but I LOVE the new one. If I let prejudices from my old experiences stick with me I wouldn't have the best music player on the market right now (IMO).

Yes. It's a great upgrade for a BlackBerry owner. But if you're on iOS or Android, a few steps backwards.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It's a great upgrade for a BlackBerry owner. But if you're on iOS or Android, a few steps backwards.

Could be, but for a mobile enthusiast its just a cool new toy.

I LOVE all the competition in mobile right now. Drives innovation and gives us, the consumer, better products

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So got my iphone5!!! And it's awesome. Bad news is a got it in such a rush cuz I dropped my iPhone 4S and completely cracked the screen. I reaaaaaly wanted to sell it so new question is should I sell it as is or repair the screen and then sell it. Is it worth it to do that or should I sell as is??????? Thx guys. I just really need to get some money back to help cover the cost of my new one. And by the way you guys were right about all the good things you said about the 5. Thx again guys!!!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Think it is around 100 or so to have screen replaced at Apple. Might just be worth it. But depends on how much YOU want to sell it for. Etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the 4 then went to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and then the 5. When I took the 5 out of the box, i thought they had shipped me the 4 on accident until I looked at the back of the unit and saw it was a 5. For me, using the 5 felt like home again. With the 5 I seem to have longer battery life and can charge the unit every other day. I also did some restructuring when I got the 5 so, that might be part of the reason.

The bigger screen is nicer and the 5 seems to run faster too. I am in a LTE area so, that could be another reason.

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It's the best iPhone yet!! Whether or not you will be wowed totally depends on your expectation of a wow factor. It's a great device that will serve you well!

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So my first impressions are all favorable. The screen like I said was my main thought at the beginning but when I placed it next to my friends 4s I soon realized that the two devices are nearly the same height the 4s just has more bezel to it. So plus one to apple for utilizing space nicely. The second thing I thought was how light and then it was. Makes me scared how light things are gonna be 5 years from now lol.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Part of the "wow" experience for me was being able to change carriers to Verizon. Much better coverage in places I didn't have before. If you want to stream video, use skype or facetime, have more reliable logmein sessions, it just works on LTE. As for everything else, not so much wow. It's fast, it's iOS. But the 4S wasn't a slouch either. The bump in screen size is too minor to consider "wow".

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Lte new a6 and screen upgrade gave me enough to do it I do not regret it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR