If you could, what would you change in your iPhone?

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: If you will be able, what would you change in your iphone?

lol.. are u guys thinking or just reading the media ? smaller bezels are rumored...

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

lol.. are u guys thinking or just reading the media ? smaller bezels are rumored...

I honestly refuse to read rumors until July. I couldn't believe there were already rumors a month after release

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Only thing I would want is sd card support. I am looking at upgrading my 6 plus to the new one coming out this year, but if I could just throw in a sd card I could use it for a while longer. Can't really complain though. Got it for $50. It's only a 16 gig though

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

One of my biggest complaints over the past few years is the volume UI. I know it's super minor and such a small detail but I despise that every time I increase/decrease the volume the giant volume control appears in the middle of the screen taking up so much space. It's especially annoying when watching videos.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

I currently own an iPhone SE and can't really think of anything I would change about it. My opinion it's the best iPhone made to date

I second this mostly. I would probably slightly improve the front camera but it is still pretty good regardless.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

I know i probably could mention, Apple won't lie it, but a better screen only and no other performance tweaks whatsoever...

Basically, an iPhone with a better Retina screen as the *only* difference... Kinda blunt, and i dounno if there's market for it, but i'd still get it...

A feature is a feature

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Only thing I can think of is my battery lasting as long as  says it's supposed to. Not a deal breaker in any way mind you, but it would be nice.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

I'd like dark mode for iMessage. Having the jet black I'd like to be able to have a dark theme!

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

I know i probably could mention, Apple won't lie it, but a better screen only and no other performance tweaks whatsoever...

Basically, an iPhone with a better Retina screen as the *only* difference... Kinda blunt, and i dounno if there's market for it, but i'd still get it...

A feature is a feature

Only problem with high resolutions screens is that requires more resources so you would not have the same battery life, speed, or performance that you are used to with a 1440 screen or 4K screen. My old phone (turbo 2 and gs6) both had 1440 screens and they were very nice, but my gs6 had terrible battery life. My turbo 2 with a snapdragon 810 and 4 gigs of ram would stutter often. Also battery life was worse than my 6 plus even though it was advertised to have a 2 day battery. Apple would have to revamp a lot to get the higher resolution screens and without using any VR stuff there isn't much difference to me than those other screens except the Samsung screen was very vibrant. 1080p is just fine with me on a 5.5" screen.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

I would like to have ability to have custom themes/icons & lock on apps without having to jailbreak the device. Other than that the phone is perfect imo.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Wish could customize more and use my own music

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
If you will be able, what would you change in your iphone?

If the only smart phone a person has used is an iPhone it may be more difficult to find things to change. Here's how I'd combine software and hardware to get the device I'd like.

-Keep the iPhone 7 screen 4.7" with upgraded display

-Make thicker by just enough to increase battery to handle better display

-Give the back the rubberized feel of BlackBerry DTEK50 app

-Place the Fingerprint Sensor on the back like the Google Pixel and remove Home Button

-Add a unified Inbox like the BBRY HUB, like; not the same as it has some flaws

That's all...

the_woollster

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site

Smaller bezel, ability to delete all stock apps, USB C, higher resolution screen than 1080p.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

We have multitasking in iOS, my friend....

Multitasking is when you can do 2 apps at the same time on the same screen. Can't be done in iOS.

For instance on the Pixel I can watch or listen to a YouTube video AND make this post AT the same time on a split screen.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Multitasking is when you can do 2 apps at the same time on the same screen. Can't be done in iOS.

For instance on the Pixel I can watch or listen to a YouTube video AND make this post AT the same time on a split screen.

Split View, which is actually available on iPad Pro, is only part of multitasking. That being said, all iOS devices have some level of multitasking.

Regarding Split View, the functionality is built into iOS but Apple has made a decision to not propagate it over to iPhone. I'm by no means an Apple apologist but I don't blame them for not offering it on iPhone. Most people I know who have it available on their Android devices don't use it because squeezing an app into an already small display kills the user experience.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202070

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Split View, which is actually available on iPad Pro, is only part of multitasking. That being said, all iOS devices have some level of multitasking.

Regarding Split View, the functionality is built into iOS but Apple has made a decision to not propagate it over to iPhone. I'm by no means an Apple apologist but I don't blame them for not offering it on iPhone. Most people I know who have it available on their Android devices don't use it because squeezing an app into an already small display kills the user experience.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202070

Multitasking is when you can perform 2 apps at once at the same time. What the iPhone and iPad has isn't multitasking. You either can multitask or you can't. Split view is not multitasking.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro