If you could, what would you change in your iPhone?

May 21, 2017
Visit site
How about double click power button for camera?

How about a more secure path incorporating a software vs integrating into the unlock cloud activation. The accessibility and anti - hack coding and apple-Id 2 part authentication is easily inspected even on a fully locked 7+ I just activated from Verizon to a sprint. Which I was told impossible.

cmattau90

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Dark theme, back button, better email to start. I'd also like an updated UI - the static childlike icons are awful. Transparent icons with the ability to resize them would be great.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hardware:
Not much: that stupid camera bump (don't care if they make the phone thicker with empty space inside), and better screen to body ratio (iphones looked outdated even when iPhone 6 cameout), now it's just humorous compared to competition. The rest -- I'm extremely happy.

Software:
Just annoyances to be nerfed or option to disable:
1. Battery percentage notifications - arrrgggg! Don't care! I only care when it's at 1%-2% - still plenty of time to find a charger and plug it in, by the end of day, all I want to do is relax and play some afterpulse or RR3, and imagine in the heat of the battle or that s-curve inside the apex [20%, 10%, or 80% one: Your battery is sufficiently charged, the low power mode was turned off] - this is by far the MOST annoying thing every on iOS since day one.

2. Password requirement for Airplane mode or to Turn OFF device (Force Reset would need to be addressed somehow too). iOS is great at tracking your device, but the ability to just turn it OFF instantly makes it all moot if stolen.

3. Groups for Contacts: I'd like to separate my business from my personal (they can make tabs above)

4. If you select "Repeat Alerts" in Notifications for text messages, it should allow you to choose another tone for repeated notification, or make it sound different the second time. For example: lets say your text alert is "bleep" the repeated alert can be "be-blep", the third "be-be-bleep" - this can work with any native or custom tone.
5. Doesn't fall into iPhone or specifically iOS, but I need to design my own templates in Numbers App (iOS and iCloud).

6. I want an iOS native version of PhotoSync App: I know there's an iCloud Control Center, but the PhotoSync App does it so much better for us Windows PC users, in fact, latest update added ShareSheet access and now I can offload photos and videos directly from Camera Roll.

7. And this has been a big one since my first iPhone. When I create a folder in Photos and select a few photos to go into that folder - I WANT THEM TO DISAPPEAR FROM CAMERA ROLL!!!

8. Dynamic Weather app, but 3D touch kinda fixed that already, I'm happy enough.

9. Dark Mode - not a big deal at all, but I would love to see Apple UI team take iOS there.. Just to see how it would look.

10. Allow images to be seen in full (with black bars, or some blur effect, if they must) as background and lock screen images like they had before it was updated to force them to cover the whole screen. There's an app that does it for you, but why, just make an third option: Still, Perspective, and Fit. Also, more dynamic wallpapers or APK for 3rd-party devs, I know we can set live photos, but I want it to continuously be moving like the bubbles...

11. Small, but annoying: Everything on iOS is saved instantly when you change it, either in settings, in email, in contacts, in text, or in notes - I can start a new note, and close the app, but what I have changed stays. BUT, in Reminders app, when I start editing notes, or location, or time, I HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TAP "DONE" above, if I get distracted and comeback later, anything I typed is gone. I make location based reminders like a shopping list next time I'm passing HomeDepot - sometimes I don't finish right away, either to make a measurement or w/e and forget to tap "DONE" before exiting app - boom, the listed that's I stated in the Notes section of the reminder is GONE! I think it's an oversight by the iOS design team and I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed since inception.

I understand iOS 11 will address the following:

1. I loved how you can screenshot on Samsung Note and edit the thing right away, and share it instantly - been waiting for this, while using third party apps like Screenshot Edit.

2. I want to be able to draw on photos/images that you add in Native Notes App.

Now, a tons of things like above that "I" wanted over years of using iPhones and iOS has been satisfied: like always listening Siri, hiding native apps, always wanted something like control center (and it was better than I expected when it was introduced), iCloud Drive. 3D touch along solved a hundred annoyances by illuminating extra taps, and unnecessary UI.

Anyways, sorry for long post, it's been marinating for a while (as you can see)... sure hope someone in Apple sees my post.. They're actually little things that create big annoyances for me every day.

Great Topic.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
1. "It's funny how many comments are features that are present in Android " the problem is (and trust me I try an android device every two years).. is that for many of us iOS covers pretty much everything we need better than any ONE android device... I hear this a lot "android can do this, android has this, android had this for years" what they allude is that Android is a consortium of hundreds of devices and nearly all of us prefer to carry only ONE! When I buy a new device (my upgrade contract matures every 2 years) - I do my research and buy the best Android device at the time - and even then phones like Samsung NOTE series, lacks so damn much: it has plenty of features, unfortunately 95% I don't find useful, and lack so much that iOS and other Android devices do. I'm disappointed by Android devices every time - Android users (just like iPhone users overhype the snot out their preferred platform).

I can find apps for just about anything "android can do" and I'm sure you can find Apps for just about anything "iPhone can do" - but it's the way each manufacturer implements these things - for example: I cannot live with a device that doesn't feature "right click" - i.e. forcetouch. You can say well that Chinese phone has forcetouch, yes, but it's only for a few native apps and not open to 3rd party devs, the device isn't updated, or even sold in my area, it lacks a good camera, it's laggy, and has zero aftersale support - but technically ANDROID HAS IT! right? Next, Samsung has a great screen to body ratio today, but lacks forcetouch, iMessage and FaceTime features that should be present these days on any platform as STANDARD. You can ask all your family, friends, associates, clients, etc to install your video calling app of choice or you can get a device that has it as standard (I know it stops at iOS, but I'm surrounded by mostly iOS users - so Android has ability to video chat, but.... "hey mom, can you install skype?" scenario is dreadful.

2. For the second part of your post:
There are plenty of photo apps that do anything you desire. What's in your opinion a "decent photo app" that makes iOS photo app NOT a decent photo app?

4. For the third part of your post:
I haven't used a wire to transfer my photos, files, or music to and from my iOS device for a long long time.
There are hundred file management apps (many are free without ads) that will do what you desire without wires. My go to app for photos and videos is "PhotoSync" app. You can just install it, configure to your liking, and never open the app again (keep it closed and out of your background tasks if you must). It allows you to open your photos app, or any app you use for video or photos, editing, snapchat, etc., Select any photo or video (or all of it) and because it's integrated with ios share sheet, you can use the apps ability to offload it all with a push of a button. I have it set up to just offload all new photos and videos taken as soon as I walk thru the front door while my phone is in my pocket! it detects my home wifi, automatically chooses the photos and videos I took since last time I transferred and transfer to my PC (to a place I specified when I set it up initially a year ago). It also deletes transferred photos automatically (also configurable) and only keeps photos and videos that I selected as "favorites" on my iPhone.

Music and files: I prefer to stream from my NAS at home. But I understand your needs are different. so I can recommend plenty of file management apps that will fulfil your needs, either by wire or wirelessly, just like my "PhotoSync" app above. When it comes to files on iOS either transfer, access, or creation, "think different" -- files are all accessible from the the app they pertain to. In addition each app more likely than not has a means to transfer, share, or remotely store its files or pertaining 3rd party files - it's all up to your needs.

I don't understand the clinching to SD cards, wires, and all these ancient file storage and transfer protocols.. I always see the argument for NFC photo transfer or remember the "innovative" BUMP phones together protocol? Easy - AirDrop! - multiple users get photos and videos simultaneously. The reason why BUMPING never took off (by the way, there was an app that I used to do the exact thing on my iPhone 3GS), but the reason Bumping never took off because it was cumbersome than just texting the photo to your friend. To understand iOS, try to think of wireless and cloud. If that doesn't work for you, well, Android has some nice devices...

This post wasn't in most part directed at you, just getting tired of "Android has this" argument, but which device has it ALL?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I still find myself accidentally shutting the phone down when I hold it because I wish the sleep button was still on the top like my old iPhone 5c. After 2 1/2 months I'm still getting used to the iPhone 7 but the speed and size of the screen makes up for this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2