If you could change just one thing about the iPhone 5s what would it be?

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Do you realize that having a resolution that high will greatly reduce the life of your battery ?

And it looks like Android will have if first...long before iPhone has it.

Besides I'm sure they are already complaining that the iPhone 5S benchmarks are false...I cant really believe it myself.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using iMore Forums mobile app

Meh...it's those people at Samsung who are cheating on benchmarks. Who told you that nonsense?

Besides, Before Apple makes a higher res display, they'll probably increase the size of the phone. We'll probably have a better battery with it. Don't make the mistake of shorting Apple, though. They had the first Retina display :D

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Larger screen would be nice. I would also love to see some solid speakers in the iPhone. I had an HTC once briefly and the Boomsound speakers were pretty awesome.

ZanKuvy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
The smaller size ended up being an advantage after owning a 5" screen phone that now feels and looks huge.
What I'd change is a notification led or some sort of signal that let me know when I have a missing call or email without having to press any key or access the screen... It could also be some message flashing on the screen, just a thought.

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
the 5S is NOT as one-handed friendly as the 4S. It's tougher to get my thumb up to the upper left of the screen. Instead, I would ditch the home button/sensor and make the vertical length of the phone smaller (but keeping current screen size). One handed usage is the best feature of the iPhone... i'm not a fan of 2 handed phablets at all.

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Meh...it's those people at Samsung who are cheating on benchmarks. Who told you that nonsense ?

Pretty much almost every Android fanboy in existence.

but seriously, how does this:

(IPhone 5S)

Chipset:Apple A7

CPU: Dual-core 1.7 GHz

Beat this:

(LG G2)

Chipset:Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800

CPU: Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400
GPU: Adreno 330
RAM: 2 GB

Your answer ?

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

(IPhone 5S)

CPU:D ual-core 1.7 GHz

Beat this:

(LG G2)

Your answer ?

Nice mistake up there :D kinda like it.

As for what you said: Apple CPU's are better than what Android uses. The SoC architecture is supposed to be newer. Plus, we have better software here. Apple clearly designed it to work best on one phone, which happens to be the 5S.

Besides that, do you know that the LG G2 happens to be cheating? And that iPhones are the only phones on the market, along with Motorola and the Nexus devices, that are not cheating?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

(IPhone 5S)

CPU: Dual-core 1.7 GHz

Beat this:

(LG G2)

Your answer ?

How does a 400hp Porsche beat a 600hp Mustang around a race track? Numbers don't define leadership...components, balance of functionality and optimization within the given specs do.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you realize that having a resolution that high will greatly reduce the life of your battery ?

And it looks like Android will have if first...long before iPhone has it.

Besides I'm sure they are already complaining that the iPhone 5S benchmarks are false...I cant really believe it myself.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using iMore Forums mobile app

Apple was able to significantly increase battery life on new Macbook Pros while also lowering weight, size and dimension...and upped resolution. Your approaching the abilities of this company based on old technology...processors are allowing for new kinds of optimizations from battery life to performance, and all the while, the internals are getting smaller and smaller (including battery tech). Don't assume that battery life can't be maintained while resolution is also increased...they're doing it all over the tech world and successfully at that.

As far as you not believing the benchmarks...some people don't believe that dinosaurs roamed the earth. I can't prove them wrong except to point out the bones that come out of the ground...in the same way I can't prove to you that the benchmarks are accurate except for pointing at the numbers that they yield from said tests.

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Benchmarks are easy to test, you just download an app, let it run for a minute and it will tell you what your phone scored, very useful for testing quality from small manufactures as their processors don't score as high as similar well known ones. (also a very good method for testing if an iPhone is genuine or not)

dtblair24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am an android guy so naturally the first thing that might come to mind is the screen size. But I must say that I do appreciate the portability and easy one handed use with my iphone. If they did bump it up, I think maybe a 4.5" screen would be nice. I would like something similar to boomsound on my htc one. I did not realize how much I would appreciate an awesome speaker experience on a phone. But it is great when playing games, watching videos, listening to music and for calls over speakerphone.

Also an ir blaster and nfc. I know those things seem gimmicky but using your phone as a remote control is pretty awesome and paying for things by simply tapping your phone is pretty neat as well.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
After using the note 2 bigger screen. I got use to the size fast and takes place of my iPad also. Now I want a damn macbook air.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using iMore Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2