If you are looking to buy the official iPhone 5c cases, do read this first...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The black version of the case is a dreadful dust magnet and far more tacky than the other colors. I know that because my black case looks like it just got showered with dust all over, when I merely used it for a week or so.

6u9y7e5y.jpg

It got so sticky to the touch that it was barely acceptable for usage. I felt like it was one of those old Samsung Galaxy one phones I had a few years ago, gaudy.

However, the green colored case, which was very much closer to the other colors in the range maintained a good grip while feeling smoother and sleeker, and not attracting as much dust.

This pays off in the long run after much usage and you would do better to go with the latter.

qy7ada5u.jpg

I would simply go with no case on my 5c if I could afford it, but if you absolutely need a case, and an official one at that, never get black. You have been warned...

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The black one is okay for me. I use hand sanitizer in it and it stays dust free for a bit.

The blue one gets dirty really easy, does the green one too?

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Was just about to buy one.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up bud! I was about to buy one for my wife's green iPhone 5c.

Which case will attract least dust?

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Abstractdesigns

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up bud! I was about to buy one for my wife's green iPhone 5c.

Which case will attract least dust?

Hi- what I've heard about the 5C cases made by Apple is that because of the holes in the case, dust and other particles can get INSIDE your phone. I personally wouldn't buy one- plus they don't seem durable enough. I like Case-Mate cases. If your wife wants a cute case let me know.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi- what I've heard about the 5C cases made by Apple is that because of the holes in the case, dust and other particles can get INSIDE your phone. I personally wouldn't buy one- plus they don't seem durable enough. I like Case-Mate cases. If your wife wants a cute case let me know.

Thanks for the feedback. I was about to buy a blue color case for her green 5c this weekend and now I have to think really hard as not obeying your wife is a sin! Lol.. She really likes these Apple cases but I have to make her aware about the cons.Well, my wife doesn't want a cute case. She particularly wants a case which can show off her phone's color also, the case shouldn't have complete transparent back. A frosted back would be preferable. Thanks! :)

Abstractdesigns

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I was about to buy a blue color case for her green 5c this weekend and now I have to think really hard as not obeying your wife is a sin! Lol.. She really likes these Apple cases but I have to make her aware about the cons.Well, my wife doesn't want a cute case. She particularly wants a case which can show off her phone's color also, the case shouldn't have complete transparent back. A frosted back would be preferable. Thanks! :)

No problem :) hmmm, sounds like you are in a dilemna about your wife's case! Interesting she doesn't want a cute case, most girls/women do, like myself. The blue Apple 5C case is a nice color but those holes worry me....
I design cases but none have frosted back- all colorful cute, somewhat girlly designs.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought one of those cases when I got my phone. After it cracked on the bottom, I tossed it.
Besides, IMHO. The case does not appeal to me with all those holes.
It looks too much like Swiss cheese. 😉😊

Last edited:

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Finally, I bought a replica of Apple's *hon* case. Just $9 from a local store. The packaging was exactly the same like Apple's. For a moment I thought the guy is actually giving me the genuine case .. Lol

Quite impressed though it has the soft inner lining and Apple logo missing rest all good. Quality is worth the price! ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402671424.716163.jpg

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Finally, I bought a replica of Apple's *hon* case. Just $9 from a local store. The packaging was exactly the same like Apple's. For a moment I thought the guy is actually giving me the genuine case .. Lol

Quite impressed though it has the soft inner lining and Apple logo missing rest all good. Quality is worth the price! View attachment 58666

I must say, for once, a replica looked better than the official thing lol...

That is a nice combination.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info on the black holey case...I was considering adding it to the colors I already have - white, green and yellow. I do have to admit, I would like the way the contrast of the black on my coral pink phone would look, so even with warning I may just go for it anyway !! I don't put my phone in my pockets ever - it's either in my handbag or on my counter, so if I do decide to get the black, hopefully it won't get so linty lol.

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have two cases for my 5c
The one I use most is the TECH 21 D30 Impact Shell. I love it, gives a good grip, showing off some color and I think it protects the phone well if I might drop it.
I also bought a case that looks like the ones Apple makes for the 5C but it shows the Apple logo.

View attachment 58818

I bought it from Fasttech for $1.91
Looks really nice on the phone but as for protection I prefer the Tech21

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal