If web apps are so good, why did Apple ditch them for the App Store?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Because you don’t need the App Store to install a Web App. Nothing aggravates me more than downloading an app, such as one for a grocery store or pizza, and it is no different than loading the mobile web page. At least do something compelling?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Because you don’t need the App Store to install a Web App. Nothing aggravates me more than downloading an app, such as one for a grocery store or pizza, and it is no different than loading the mobile web page. At least do something compelling?

AMEN to that!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
What if the site you want to visit is online only? Not in the app store.
Then it's essentially dead. I rarely use anything that is internet only. Even today, so many mobile sites are just horrendous. If they want browser traffic then they need to redesign their sites to be more effective for mobile use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Then it's essentially dead. I rarely use anything that is internet only. Even today, so many mobile sites are just horrendous. If they want browser traffic then they need to redesign their sites to be more effective for mobile use.

Agree. But they are improving. I go to a forum that recently left TapaTalk. Their new site isn't like an app, but close. I use a bookmarklet for it, and sometimes forget it's not an app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2