If my bill is past due will they still ship?

iphoneenthusiast1989

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Question for Verizon customers. Does anyone know if your bill is past due will they not ship you a phone that u have pre ordered. Cuz I just now thought about it. Everyone posting how they have received their phones and they ordered way after I did. But we always pay our bill when the next bill shows up. We're always a month behind.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
If bill is passed due will they still ship?

That could be it, although I thought they would've had you pay your past due amount prior to preordering.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: If bill is passed due will they still ship?

Why would you always be a month behind, doesn't that screw your credit anytime it's reported?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Why would you always be a month behind, doesn't that screw your credit anytime it's reported?

Verizon doesn't report to the credit bureaus. However, if it goes to collections that's a different story.

iphoneenthusiast1989

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site

That could be it, although I thought they would've had you pay your past due amount prior to preordering.

When I ordered the phone. I had to pay past due balance. Then pay off remainder of what I owed on my 6s then they allowed me to order the 7+. And also for an update I did call and ask and they said no it won't affect it. they said u can not upgrade with a past due balance. But they said once it's ordered. Nothing can stop it from being shipped out. Unless I cancel even if the bill is past due again.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

I had like a $50 balance past due on my account and they cancelled my preorder for an S6 Edge when they came out.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
If bill is passed due will they still ship?

I told her she better pay it quick. Omg I'll be so mad if they cancel my order! Lol

If you are worried, tell her you will pay the bill so that it is current and up to date. When the phone arrives, you can skip paying her for that month or two it takes to make up for the extra payment you made to bring the account up to date. If she is not ok with that, you could just pay to bring the account up to date and consider that part of the cost of the phone.

Seems to me that $80 per month is quite high, why don't you get your own plan so that you are not at her mercy in the future?

Good luck, hope this doesn't screw up your order.

iphoneenthusiast1989

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site

If you are worried, tell her you will pay the bill so that it is current and up to date. When the phone arrives, you can skip paying her for that month or two it takes to make up for the extra payment you made to bring the account up to date. If she is not ok with that, you could just pay to bring the account up to date and consider that part of the cost of the phone.

Seems to me that $80 per month is quite high, why don't you get your own plan so that you are not at her mercy in the future?

Good luck, hope this doesn't screw up your order.

I would for sure do it if I could. But the past due amount is 850 dollars lol. Total bill is 1624. We have 9 phones on our plan. Plus two tablets. I throw 80 bucks cuz my phone is about 38 my line is 20 insurance is 11 and I have caller I.D which is 2.99. I tried to get on my own plan awhile ago. They said for one it would be about 135 a month with the data I would I need. But also they said they can't transfer a phone over to a different account until the current device is paid off. When I paid off my 6s I was gonna get my own plan and then order the IP7+ but Verizon said it would be faster for me to pay off my phone order the new one then switch when I get the new one because the new I'm getting is free, a promotion they had going on at the time I ordered. Also my credit isn't the best. They want a 450 dollar deposit.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

I would for sure do it if I could. But the past due amount is 850 dollars lol. Total bill is 1624. We have 9 phones on our plan. Plus two tablets. I throw 80 bucks cuz my phone is about 38 my line is 20 insurance is 11 and I have caller I.D which is 2.99. I tried to get on my own plan awhile ago. They said for one it would be about 135 a month with the data I would I need. But also they said they can't transfer a phone over to a different account until the current device is paid off. When I paid off my 6s I was gonna get my own plan and then order the IP7+ but Verizon said it would be faster for me to pay off my phone order the new one then switch when I get the new one because the new I'm getting is free, a promotion they had going on at the time I ordered. Also my credit isn't the best. They want a 450 dollar deposit.

Wow, sorry to hear about that. What a drag.

I wish you good luck and hope they send you the phone. You really should work your tail off to get out of that mess and onto your own plan so you are not stuck again.

Fingers crossed for you.

iphoneenthusiast1989

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site

Wow, sorry to hear about that. What a drag.

I wish you good luck and hope they send you the phone. You really should work your tail off to get out of that mess and onto your own plan so you are not stuck again.

Fingers crossed for you.

Thank you! It's crazy how many people I know personally and on here that ordered like three weeks after me. Same carrier same model phone color and gb and have received there's. so it's gotta have something to do with the bill I'm thinking. I know at least 15 people. Seriously. Lol

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

Damn. My credit is far from the best but when I signed up with AT&T they never required a deposit, let alone one for $450.

iphoneenthusiast1989

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site

Damn. My credit is far from the best but when I signed up with AT&T they never required a deposit, let alone one for $450.

Long story short. I was with sprint and my iPhone kept breaking. Every time I would go in there they would tell me I had to take it to apple. I had to drive to the Apple Store 3 times in two weeks(Apple Store is 1 hour n 45 mins from me one way) so after that I told sprint I either wanted them to just give me a new phone or I was gonna transfer to a different carrier. I switched to Verizon and never paid off sprint. So on my credit it says I owe sprint 500 dollars. That's why cell company's are not too eager to give me a plan on my own. But my snap on credit report is great. Says I have paid off 63,000 with them. But that don't mean nothing to the phone company lol.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I know when I worked for Sprint we wouldn't ship on a past due bill. I'd imagine all carriers are the same. I paid my bill in advance prior to ordering my iPhone 7 Plus through Verizon. I wasn't past due but I just wanted to be safe. So I didn't have a balance at the time of order.

iphoneenthusiast1989

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I know when I worked for Sprint we wouldn't ship on a past due bill. I'd imagine all carriers are the same. I paid my bill in advance prior to ordering my iPhone 7 Plus through Verizon. I wasn't past due but I just wanted to be safe. So I didn't have a balance at the time of order.

When did u order? And what color and mb? Have u received your phone yet?