If I use Google Sync, is MobileMe worth investing in...

cfdj1971

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Or does it not offer anything significantly better? I would like your opinions to help me decide on whether to purchase or not.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I used both.. Google sync with the blackberry and MobileMe with the iPhone and I do like mobileme better. With google sync, you will have to connect to iTunes to sync everything but with MobileMe it's OTA. OTA is what puts mobileme over the top. Plus it's a good backup for your contacts on your phone.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Google has instituted an Activesync Exchange connection for calendar/contacts, so it is also now OTA.

Test out both and see what you like the best.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I would love to use MobileMe, but the lack of gmail integration for the email is what is keeping me away. Google Sync is ok for now, but eventually one of 2 things will happen: 1) Google will implement push for gmail AND/OR 2) MobileMe will implement gmail integration.

Until then, I will stick to Google Sync and will decide once one of the 2 options above are implemented, UNLESS some1 here can convince me to get MobileMe, then I will :)

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ true, but that is @me.com email, not gmail ;)

In other words, I rather have my iPhone fetch new emails every 15 mins from gmail than push Me email.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
But you can have your gmail forwarded to your .me acct, the forwarding is instant (you can archive gmails copy or delete it) and is then pushed to your phone by mobileme. That's how I have it set up, I also have all my other accounts on my phone but set to manual, just so I can use the addresses for replies and newly composed emails. Works pretty well for me.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I am a big fan of MoMe. Now Gmail is great also. I use Google Sync for my personal email, but MoMe for work. I can not tell you how flawlessly it works for me. Email, Contacts, Calender all pushed to my iPhone/iMac/Macbook. No more syncing for me.:cool:

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Google sync

How are you able to set up google sync if you already have an exchange account set up for work email? I would like to do that, but it states that you can only have one exchange account. Is there a work around?
Google sync worked flawlessly for my BB.
Thanks,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox