If 8.0.1 update worked for you, how is it?

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that the 3rd party keyboards don't always go back to Apple keyboard by itself anymore. But still can't use those keyboards on quick reply from the lock screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I was gone update but after hearing the issues hell no.

lol....

the funny thing is that i was on macrumors website the moment they said apple came out with the new update. so i told my best friend to get it right away because he was complaining about the bugs on his plus.

then i saw a warning on the same page saying not to do it so i texted him right away, like 50 seconds later to be honest, not even a minute, and he was already downloading it...

i haven't heard from him since he told me he ****ed up his phone bc of me

hahahha I'm still laughing.. I'm so mean :rotfl:

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
lol....

the funny thing is that i was on macrumors website the moment they said apple came out with the new update. so i told my best friend to get it right away because he was complaining about the bugs on his plus.

then i saw a warning on the same page saying not to do it so i texted him right away, like 50 seconds later to be honest, not even a minute, and he was already downloading it...

i haven't heard from him since he told me he ****ed up his phone bc of me

hahahha I'm still laughing.. I'm so mean :rotfl:

Lol. Let's hope his phone is not messed up. He's probably to pissed to give you a call lol

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Works fine on my 5S, haven't tried Touch ID yet since I don't use it to see if it still works.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was out running errands yesterday when the iOS was released, so I wasn't home to even know about it. None of us have a 6 or 6+ but even still when I did get home & discover the release and then read about the snafus, I decided not to even venture into updating regardless of the fact I have a 5C. Better safe than sorry.

I was happy to hear that Apple pulled the update, but I feel bad for those that did do the update and got screwed. So for some, hooking up to iTunes and doing a restore to fix it can help..... But now what about some that don't have access to a computer to do this for their device....?

z06gal

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
What I have noticed on my 6+ is the 3rd party keyboards have improved although it reverts back to the stock keyboard when I am asked for a password. Also as someone mentioned above, the battery life is better :cool:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my 5C. I haven't noticed anything different. I will keep an eye on the battery life, it wasn't so good after 8.0.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If 8.0.1 update worked for you, how is it? What changes/fixes have you noticed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be quite honest, I haven't noticed anything. I mean, iOS 8 was working fine on my iPhone 5 so I have nothing to compare 8.0.1 to, at least nothing noticeable....:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping 8.0.1 helps with the unresponsive taps I get for several things, including the "copy" option at the bottom in Safari.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods