I'd recommend the Griffin Reveal case.........

slumpbuster

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
this thing has worked great for me so far. It looks like one of Apple's black bumpers, but it also has a clear hard back, so that the back of the phone is still visible but protected.

The was the reason I didn't like the bumpers........because the back of the phone would still get torn to hell. I found this case at Best Buy.......just thought I'd put it out there for anyone interested.

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I saw that case but was worried about dirt getting stuck between the clear plastic and the back glass. On my 3G I used a hard case and when I took it off after a couple months the back of the phone was pitted from dirt being trapped between the phone and the case.

tx76mike

May 25, 2004
Visit site
picked up one of these too and it looks good! will be a temporary case until i can find a nice leather case. yes it does accumulate dust/dirt in the back side like most cases this kind. just have to clean it out as often as possible.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought one of those too. I got the black one. I like it. Plus I got the InvisibleShield to protect the front bso my entire device is protected.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i just got the griffin reveal case, added an ifrogz screen privacy protector film... both work well...

on an aside.. the signal issue is nearly nil due to the case... i loose only 1 bar SOMTIMES.... 5 to 4.. a tight grip will intermittently produce a 2 bar drop.

Kingsley

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The ifrogz Luxe case from the AT&T store fits great but beware to those who have a Zagg invisible shield on the front, this case will cause your screen protector to bubble and peel. Had to take my screen protector off.

Mr79

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought this case. It's gonna need a cover on the back of the phone.
Another problem is the camera. When the flash goes off, it reflects off the plastic and makes the photo cloudy.
Another then that, not to bad of a cases. Will get rid of it as soon as otterbox cases are out.

Mr79

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've got two I took last night.
Notice the picture looking cloudy and the light on the lower left of one photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 21

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I bought this case. It's gonna need a cover on the back of the phone.
Another problem is the camera. When the flash goes off, it reflects off the plastic and makes the photo cloudy.
Another then that, not to bad of a cases. Will get rid of it as soon as otterbox cases are out.

Very interesting.. I might pass on this case now then because I tend to take a decent amount of pictures.

slumpbuster

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Wow! I just took some pictures with the case on and without and the difference is VERY noticeable. Good call, and thank you.

I think I'll be returning this case to Best Buy and trying to find a new one......

Mr79

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It's to bad the case does that.
I think with the iPhone 4, a solid back color case would be best.
I'm headed to best buy later today, going to purchase one of those iFrogz, since they are solid. Hopefully it will not interfere with the flash.

EDIT:
I tried a trick my wife suggested (i guess they do know it all)
I got a sharpe, I used blue.
I traced the edge of the opening for both the flash and camera.
Results Below.
Photo IMG_0782 is with the case on.
Photo IMG_0784 is without the case on.

Looks almost exactly the same, slight haze on 782, not to bad though.

Last edited:

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yup this is my temporary case until SwitchEasy, Otterbox or Cygnett release their products.

Two things. Dust does indeed get between clear plastic and back of i4. And yes its liable to scratching.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just pre-ordered the Vapor4 Case from ElementCase (have to wait for August delivery) even with the carbon fiber back I will still put some type of film protection on the glass back so that it won't get damaged over time. Its the downside to have great design that you can never fully protect against.

Mr. Green

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Just got my Reveal today. Not a bad case at all, and also, I think it doesn't interfere with the flash on my iPhone. Probably because I applied a screen protector on the back of the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox