• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

ICS problems

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Is there a workaround for the internet connection sharing? I can create a wifi connection with my MBA and my iPhone says its connected, and it isn't. I still have no internet access.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to share your phone's Internet with the MBA? You first need to make sure you have the 'personal hotspot' feature active on your plan with your phone's service provider... then it's a matter of going into Settings>> Personal Hotspot>> and follow directions on that screen.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Are you trying to share your phone's Internet with the MBA? You first need to make sure you have the 'personal hotspot' feature active on your plan with your phone's service provider... then it's a matter of going into Settings>> Personal Hotspot>> and follow directions on that screen.

The other way around: sharing the wifi on the MBA with the iPhone. I have net coming in from the TBolt port via an enet converter.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman