Icon label

citibori

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a tweak that allows me to change the icon label? Some of the words are too long and I would like to shorten it by adding some dots in the middle like the iPhone automatically does. Somehow it quit doing it and now some of my labels are overlapping. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a tweak that allows me to change the icon label? Some of the words are too long and I would like to shorten it by adding some dots in the middle like the iPhone automatically does. Somehow it quit doing it and now some of my labels are overlapping. Thanks

icon renamer
also if you have ifiel, you can do it yourself
navigate to var/mobile/applicatons find the name of the app you want to rename, open it up and find the info.plist it might be another folder deep, usually tha name of the app again
open with the plist viewer, in that list there will be a line called"CFBundleDisplayName" touch that and put in the name you want it to appear as on your springboard

Last edited:

citibori

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What about the folder labels. I only want to shorten them when they're closed on the springboard.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What about the folder labels. I only want to shorten them when they're closed on the springboard.

go into edit mode (icons jiggling) just click inside the text box when the folder is open, and you can rename it