icloud the last backup could not be completed

ae6dx

May 19, 2009
Visit site
On my 6s+ I keep getting the icloud error. the last backup could not be completed. I cannot get it to backup. Could this have anything to do with being jailbroken? I'm hesitant to restore as I will loose my jailbreak.

i6splusguy

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Just redo it it fails sometimes but if you do it again it works. Sometimes the wifi connection dies before it can be completed.

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I always have trouble with iCloud backups, either they fail or I get a warning about not having enough space. Such a pain, I just back up to iTunes, which is not the most convenient but at least it works :confused:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
On my 6s+ I keep getting the icloud error. the last backup could not be completed. I cannot get it to backup. Could this have anything to do with being jailbroken? I'm hesitant to restore as I will loose my jailbreak.

I keep having the same issue on my 6s, iOS10.3.

deleted the latest backup but no go.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I always have trouble with iCloud backups, either they fail or I get a warning about not having enough space. Such a pain, I just back up to iTunes, which is not the most convenient but at least it works :confused:

My iTunes gives me an error when I try and backup via iTunes.

ParkPrince

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
If you are confronted with the error message saying "the last backup could not be completed" while backing up iPhone to iCloud, you'd find some solutions.

Check if the device is connected to Wi-Fi. Then go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup and tap Back Up Now. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup and tap Back Up Now. This should solve the error message.*If the error still pops up, I think you might try other ways rather than iCloud, to backup your iPhone. It is a good choice to backup iPhone to PC. And you can do that with some data transfer app.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If the error still pops up, I think you might try other ways rather than iCloud, to backup your iPhone. It is a good choice to backup iPhone to PC. And you can do that with some data transfer app.

Personally, I wouldn’t trust anything outside of iTunes, which is the only official non-iCloud way to back up an iPhone. Just my two cents here but handing over my phone data to anyone else seems sketchy to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro