iCloud Sync Question

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
So if all my photos gets backed up to iCloud can I delete the photos from my device or will they also get deleted from iCloud?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Think of iCloud as a hard drive and your devices are accessing it from there. If you delete it from your device, it deletes it from iCloud as well. It's more of a sync than a backup.
If you are running out of space on your device, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and enable "Optimize iPhone Storage" which will keep thumbnails of photos on your device and the hi-res on iCloud only. Recent images will be stored on your device while older ones offloaded in favor of the smaller sized thumbnails. When you look at an older photo, it may need to download before you can see it full res.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Think of iCloud as a hard drive and your devices are accessing it from there. If you delete it from your device, it deletes it from iCloud as well. It's more of a sync than a backup.
If you are running out of space on your device, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and enable "Optimize iPhone Storage" which will keep thumbnails of photos on your device and the hi-res on iCloud only. Recent images will be stored on your device while older ones offloaded in favor of the smaller sized thumbnails. When you look at an older photo, it may need to download before you can see it full res.

Good to know thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner